Learn how to cook frozen pierogies in the air fryer in 10 minutes. I have found this method to be the best way to cook frozen pierogies to achieve a delicious texture and taste.
The air fryer makes cooking frozen foods so quick and easy. There are so many things you can make like frozen chicken strips, frozen chicken patties, frozen okra, and more.
As I was walking through the freezer aisle at the store I saw frozen pierogies and wondered how they would work in the air fryer. They ended up turning out so delicious, they quickly became a family favorite.
What are pierogies?
Pierogies are a delicious comfort food that’s made with a soft dough and have a sweet or savory filling like cream cheese or potatoes. They are similar to a dumpling or ravioli and typically formed into a half-moon shape.
They are often served as a side dish but can also be served as a main meal with a side salad or vegetables.
Frozen pierogies – Choose your favorite brand like Mrs. T’s pierogies or Golden Potato.
Oil – You can use olive, vegetable or canola oil. This is also an optional ingredient. If you don’t like them a little crispy on the outside, leave off the oil.
Air fryer – You can use a basket or oven style air fryer. These were cooked with a Cosori 5.8 quart basket style.
How to make frozen pierogies in air fryer
You can put frozen pierogies straight in the air fryer without thawing. Since you don’t need to thaw, it only takes about 10 minutes to cook frozen perogies. Depending on how many you have, you might need to cook in 2-3 batches.
- Place frozen pierogies in the air fryer basket. Make sure to place them in a single layer.
- Lightly spray with olive oil to help them brown. If you don’t like them crispy you can omit the oil.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Shake the basket or flip them over and spray again with oil. Cook another 4-5 minutes at 400 degrees. You will want to cook them until they start to turn golden brown so they might need a little extra time depending on your machine.
- Serve warm.
How to reheat pierogies
Have leftovers? You can easily reheat pierogies in the air fryer.
Place the leftovers in air fryer basket. Cook at 350 degrees for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
What to serve with pierogies
These pair well with many different things but a few of our favorites are:
You could also dip in your favorite dipping sauce. Some of our favorites are:
Make sure not to spray your basket with aerosol nonstick cooking spray because it could ruin the coating. If you want to spray with a little oil, use a mister bottle. If you don’t have a mister you can brush a little oil on top of the frozen pierogies before cooking. A little spray of oil will help you get crispier pierogies.
For best results, don’t stack them in the basket. This helps the hot air circulate around them and cook evenly.
If you prefer your pierogies soft on the outside, leave out the olive oil spray.
I made these in my Cosori 5.8 quart basket style but you can also cook them in an oven style air fryer.
I like to mention in my air fryer recipes that each machine will cook a little different so cook time may vary. It’s recommended to check them around the 8 minute mark to determine if they need more time to cook.
How to store
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep for 3-4 days.
More air fryer frozen food
- Air fryer frozen bagel bites
- Air fryer frozen waffles
- Air fryer frozen pizza
- Air fryer frozen pretzels
- Air fryer frozen jalapeno poppers
- Air fryer frozen spring rolls
- Air fryer frozen veggie burger
- Air fryer french fries
Did you try these air fryer pierogies? Do you enjoy using your air fryer? Follow us on Pinterest and feel free to join our Facebook Community.
How To Cook Frozen Pierogies In The Air Fryer
- 1 box frozen pierogies
- 1/4 tablespoon oil (olive, vegetable or canola) Just enough for the mister.
- Place frozen pierogies in air fryer basket. Spread them out so they don't stack on top of each other.
- Lightly spray tops with oil.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Remove basket and flip the pierogies over. Lightly spray with oil again and cook at 400 degrees for another 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove from basket and serve hot.
Leave a Reply