Learn how to cook frozen pierogies in the air fryer in 10 minutes. I have found this method to be the best way to cook frozen pierogies to achieve a delicious texture and taste.
As I was walking through the freezer aisle at the store I saw frozen pierogies and wondered how they would work in the air fryer. They ended up turning out so delicious, the whole family loved them.
What are pierogies?
Pierogies are made with a soft dough and have a savory or sweet filling. They are similar to a dumpling or ravioli.
They are often served as a side dish but can also be served as a main meal with a side salad or vegetables.
Frozen pierogies – Choose your favorite brand like Mrs. T’s or Golden Potato.
Oil – You can use olive, vegetable or canola oil. This is also an optional ingredient. If you don’t like them a little crispy on the outside, leave off the oil.
Air fryer – You can use a basket or oven style air fryer. These were cooked with a Cosori 5.8 quart basket style.
How to make frozen pierogies in air fryer
You can put frozen pierogies straight in the air fryer without thawing. Since you don’t need to thaw, it only takes about 10 minutes to cook frozen perogies. Depending on how many you have, you might need to cook in 2-3 batches.
- Place frozen pierogies in the air fryer basket. Make sure to place them in a single layer.
- Lightly spray with olive oil to help them brown. If you don’t like them crispy you can omit the oil.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Shake the basket or flip them over and spray again with oil. Cook another 4-5 minutes and 400 degrees.
- Serve warm.
How to reheat pierogies
Have leftovers? You can easily reheat pierogies in the air fryer.
Place the leftovers in air fryer basket. Cook at 350 degrees for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
What to serve with pierogies
These pair well with many different things but a few of our favorites are:
You could also try dipping them in:
Make sure not to spray your basket with aerosol spray because it could ruin the coating. If you want to spray with a little oil, use a mister bottle. If you don’t have a mister you can brush a little oil on top of the frozen pierogies before cooking.
Don’t stack them in the basket. This helps the hot air circulate around them and cook evenly.
If you prefer your pierogies soft on the outside, leave out the olive oil spray.
I like to mention in my air fryer recipes that each machine will cook a little different. It’s recommended to check them around the 8 minute mark to determine if they need more time to cook.
How to store
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep for 3-4 days.
More air fryer frozen food
- Air fryer frozen bagel bites
- Air fryer frozen waffles
- Air fryer frozen pizza
- Air fryer frozen pretzels
- Air fryer frozen jalapeno poppers
- Air fryer frozen spring rolls
- Air fryer frozen veggie burger
How To Cook Frozen Pierogies In The Air Fryer
- 1 box frozen pierogies
- 1/4 tablespoon oil (olive, vegetable or canola) Just enough for the mister.
- Place frozen pierogies in air fryer basket. Spread them out so they don't stack on top of each other.
- Lightly spray tops with oil.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Remove basket and flip the pierogies over. Lightly spray with oil again and cook at 400 degrees for another 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove from basket and serve hot.