Greek cucumber salad is a flavorful, healthy salad that can be made in minutes. Fresh vegetables with a light and easy Greek dressing make this the perfect choice for a side dish.
If you enjoy Mediterranean flavors like this salad, be sure to try this Greek chicken sausage bowl.
This is one of my go-to salads in the summer. Fresh, colorful, crunchy veggies with lemon vinaigrette. This is the perfect side for BBQ’s and potlucks.
Why this recipe works
- Easy cucumber salad can be made in under 15 minutes.
- Healthy, fresh and full of nutrients.
- An easy and light side dish or main dish salad.
Greek salads are known to be full of fresh vegetables and topped with a light dressing to bring out the flavors.
One thing that sets this cucumber tomato salad apart is there is no leafy lettuce in this salad.
Cucumbers – English cucumbers work well for this salad.
Tomatoes – Use your favorite tomatoes. I like using cherry or grape tomatoes but you can also dice up Roma.
Red onion – Adds beautiful color.
Feta – This adds a nice creamy texture to the salad. It can be left out if you don’t like cheese.
Olives – Kalamata olives are what is traditionally used but you can use your favorite variety or leave them out completely.
Extra virgin olive oil – Use a good quality oil for this dressing.
Oregano – A classic herb used in many Mediterranean dishes.
Lemon juice – Adds a nice freshness and a little acid to balance out the dressing.
How to make easy Greek salad dressing
This is a super simple dressing. Some Greek dressings contain red wine vinegar and sometimes mustard but for this recipe, we kept the dressing super light. It’s a combination of extra virgin olive oil, oregano, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
How to make Greek cucumber salad
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredient list and video.
- Dice: Get all of the vegetables cut and sliced.
- Dressing: Mix together extra virgin olive oil, oregano, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Assemble: Add cucumber, tomatoes, olives, feta and onion to a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad.
- Toss: Toss everything together so that it gets coated with dressing.
Do you peel the cucumber?
This is your preference. Personally I enjoy the cucumber skin but feel free to peel if that is what your prefer.
Should I remove the cucumber seeds?
Again, the answer is however you prefer your cucumbers. English cucumbers don’t have many seeds to begin with so I typically leave them. If you decide to use regular cucumbers, which tend to have more seeds, you might want to remove them.
How to store
Store any leftover cucumber tomato onion salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This cucumber tomato salad should last 3-4 days.
Can I make ahead of time?
If you would like to make ahead of time, I would recommend cutting your vegetables and storing them in one container and store the dressing in a separate container. Pour the dressing over salad when ready to serve.
What to serve with a Greek cucumber salad
Here are a few of my favorite main dishes that pair well with this salad.
More delicious salad recipes
- Corn salad – Fresh corn and tomato salad.
- Pea salad – Tender crispy peas with bacon and cheese.
- Wedge salad – Simple wedge salad with Thousand Island.
- Waldorf salad – Fresh fruit with a delicious dressing.
- Grinder salad – Made with a creamy Italian dressing, chopped deli meat and cheese.
*** If you made this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Greek Cucumber Salad
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 cup olives optional
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut cucumbers into small chunks. Place in bowl.
- Add halved tomatoes, onion, olives and Feta cheese. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together extra virgin olive oil, oregano, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Serve or refrigerate until ready to eat.
I always love that Greek salads use Feta. I don’t mind the missing leafy veggies. Salad tastes better this way.
This cucumber salad looks so good. I would love to make some, yum!
Greek cucumber salad looks delicious and full of summer flavors my favorite too.
I love Greek salad especially with tzatziki sauce on the side. This looks so delicious thanks for sharing it!
Who can resist to a delicious Greek salad bowl! It’s the best side dish for summer!
My family makes cucumber salad every year, but none of it looks like this! I love this recipe, it’s one I will have to try this summer.
Greek Salads are one of my favourite salads. They are so simple to make and always taste delicious.
now that’s a delicious looking salad! I’d love to sit down to that for diner.
That looks so good. Summer is salad season and we’re growing cucumbers in the garden. Can’t wait to use them in this!
Ohh now this sounds like a good salad – I have to admit over the summer I always get the urge to play with salads more.
This looks so good! I love a tasty salad. I’d make this one, but with no olives!
It looks delicious! I have a couple of small cucumbers on hand, so I think I’ll make that salad tonight!
Jennifer Van Haitsma
Yum! I love feta cheese on salads, greek salads or not. I love the bitter sort of taste. My husband would love this. Anything with olives and onions for him!
This Greek salad looks really yummy. It would be perfect to have for lunch today.