Easy Lemon Pull-Apart Bread made with canned biscuits coated in butter, sugar and lemon zest topped with a lemon glaze. This delicious bread would be a wonderful addition to any brunch, breakfast or even served for dessert.
Have you tried making pull-apart bread yet? I have a sweet and easy lemon pull-apart bread recipe I want to share today. Let me just say that I made the bread this afternoon and between me and my husband it was gone before dinner. We each would pass through the kitchen and pull a little piece off. It is way too good.
How to make lemon pull-apart bread
You all know, I am all about simple recipes so for this pull-apart bread I used canned biscuits. The Grands biscuits work well since they are large.
- Remove the biscuits from the can and then separate each individual biscuit into 2 layers.
- Dip each biscuit layer into melted butter and then a mixture of sugar, lemon zest and vanilla. Sounding amazing!
- I like to spray my loaf pan with cooking spray and also line with with a piece of parchment paper. This makes it so much easier to remove the bread before serving.
- Take each biscuit layer and place it on it’s side.
- Lean the first layer up against the side of the loaf pan and then continue placing layers beside each other until the loaf pan is full.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes and then cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Drizzle the bread with a lemon glaze before serving.
Tips for making pull apart bread
- To assemble, just lean the first biscuit layer up against you baking dish. This helps to hold it up and you can add layers on behind it.
- Before I start making the bread I separate all the biscuits into two layers. It’s easier to assemble when you have them all ready to go.
More of my favorite ways to use biscuits
Lemon Pull Apart Bread
This sweet treat is bursting with delicious lemon flavor. It goes great with a cup of coffee! Enjoy!
Easy Lemon Pull-Apart Bread
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Grands Flakey Layers Biscuits
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Separate biscuits from can. Separate each biscuit into 2 layers.
- Dip each side of biscuit layers into butter and then into sugar mixture.
- Place each biscuit layer on it's edge, starting at one side of pan. Place each layer beside each other, filling the pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then using parchment paper, remove from pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over top bread. Best served warm.
Leave a Reply