This crustless quiche is an easy recipe that takes 30 minutes to make. Made with Bisquick, eggs and cheese this is a great base recipe to add your favorite ingredients.
This crustless quiche recipe has been around a long time, The Bisquick Impossible Quiche recipe. We grew up eating this at lease once every few weeks. We would eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Now I make it for my family when I need a quick meal.
The great thing about this quiche recipe is how easy it is to make. The Bisquick creates a magical crust so no need to use a pie crust.
Quiche Filling Ideas
The great thing about this recipe is you can make it your own. There are many different combination of ingredients you can add to this base quiche recipe. Here are a few of my favorite add-ins:
- diced ham
- diced cooked bacon
- cooked sausage
- sauteed green peppers and mushrooms
- steamed, chopped broccoli
How to make quiche
- Prepare a pie dish with non-stick spray. Sprinkle cheese and diced onion in the dish. If you are adding extra ingredients, add them here too.
- Mix together Bisquick, eggs, seasonings and milk.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
Is a frittata the same as a crustless quiche?
What makes a frittata different is the way it’s cooked. It is made in a cast iron skillet or oven safe skillet. You begin cooking a frittata on the stove and then transfer to the oven while a quiche is baked all in the oven.
How long does it last in the refrigerator?
It can last 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Make sure to wrap it in plastic wrap while storing in the refrigerator. You can make this a day ahead, store in the fridge and then reheat in the oven when you are ready to serve.
Can you freeze a quiche?
Yes you can! Let the quiche completely cool and then wrap with plastic wrap. Either wrap again in foil or place in a large freezer bag. They can be frozen for up to two months. To reheat, remove the plastic wrap, cover the top with foil and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
I love serving it with a salad for a brunch or dinner. Enjoy getting creative with this classic recipe!
More Breakfast Casseroles:
I am also enjoying this French Toast Casserole from The Diary of a Real Housewife.
***Make this recipe? Give it a star rating below.
- 1 cup Swiss cheese chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Bisquick
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- green onion for garnish-optional
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray pie plate with vegetable spray.
- Sprinkle cheese, and onion in pie plate.
- Using a mixer, beat remaining ingredients until smooth on medium speed.
- Pour evenly into pie plate.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden.
- Sprinkle with green onion.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Can bacon or ham be added to the recipe?