Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole is an easy breakfast casserole made with sausage, cheese, eggs, peppers and onions. A great low-carb meal to serve as breakfast, lunch or dinner!
If you are familiar with this blog, you know I am a huge fan of easy breakfast casseroles. The hash brown crust casserole is one of the most popular recipes on the site.
I am also a big fan of my Instant Pot! There are so many things you can make with this kitchen appliance. Anything from pasta dishes to BBQ chicken. This Instant Pot breakfast casserole has been one of my favorite things to make so far. It is great if you have company visiting or even if you just need an easy week night meal.
How to make Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole
- Start by putting the Instant Pot on Saute Mode. Add breakfast sausage and cook until brown.
- Stir in diced peppers and onions and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the sausage mixture and wipe out the Instant pot.
- Pour sausage mixture into a 7-inch round pan or springform pan.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of sausage and then pour egg/milk mixture on top.
- Pour 2 cups of water in the Instant Pot. Wrap the pan in foil and place in the instant pot. If using a springform pan, make sure to wrap the foil on the bottom as well, just in case of a small leak.
- Put lid on and set to manual, 25 minutes. Once finished manually release pressure and let the casserole sit for approximately 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Alternative casserole ingredients:
Don’t like sausage breakfast casserole or peppers and onions? Try some of these other ideas or make up your own combo!
- Spinach and mushrooms with shredded Swiss cheese.
- Crumbled bacon, cheese, green peppers.
- Diced ham, green pepper, cheese and onion.
Tools used for this recipe:
More Easy Breakfast Casseroles
Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole
- 1 16 oz roll breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups water
- Turn Instant Pot setting to Saute. Add sausage and cook until browned.
- Add in diced pepper and onion and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Drain any excess grease and pour sausage mixture into an 7 inch dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. (I used a springform pan) Sprinkle cheese over sausage.
- Add milk to beaten eggs and pour over the cheese and sausage. Wrap the pan with foil.
- Pour the 2 cups of water into Instant Pot. Place the wrapped pan into Instant Pot.
- Use manual setting and set at 25 minutes. Once the 25 minutes is up, do a quick release of the pressure. Allow the casserole to sit about 10 minutes before removing from pan.