Baked sweet potato slices are a delicious version of a baked sweet potato. They can be prepared with a sweet or savory seasoning for a tasty, healthy side dish.
We like to serve these oven baked sweet potato rounds with air fryer pork loin, meatloaf or chicken legs.
Sweet potatoes are so delicious and can be cooked in many different ways like stuffed, baked, smashed and more. We also love roasting sweet potato in slices for an easy side dish that can be served with a variety of dishes.
Sweet potatoes – Look for firm sweet potatoes with no soft spots. I also like to use smaller sweet potatoes because they cook up a little faster.
Olive oil – This is used to help crispy and caramelize. Feel free to substitute with coconut oil.
Seasoning – There are many different ways to season sweet potatoes. For this recipe I am sharing an easy sweet and savory option.
How to make baked sweet potato slices
Scroll to the bottom for ingredients, full recipe and step-by-step video.
- Prepare: Wash and peel sweet potatoes. Slice into circles, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Season: These can be seasoned either sweet or savory. Place sweet potato slices in a bowl. Pour oil over them and toss to coat. Next, season and toss again to fully coat the sweet potatoes.
- Bake: Place slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or directly on baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Should I take the peel off? This is a matter of preference. If you want to keep the skin on, make sure to really wash and scrub them.
- Try slicing about the same width. This helps them roast evenly.
- Don’t worry if they start to brown. You want a good caramelization on these potatoes.
How to season roasted sweet potatoes
Roasted sweet potatoes are very versatile. They can be seasoned in many different ways both sweet and savory. Here are a few other great combinations to try:
- Rosemary – Season with course salt and dried rosemary. I especially love using this seasoning blend when I serve them with poultry.
- Brown sugar – Try substituting white granulated sugar with brown sugar. I also like adding in a little black pepper.
- Maple syrup – Use salt and pepper and the drizzle with a little maple syrup before baking.
Can you roast sweet potatoes in the air fryer?
Yes! I love roasting vegetables in my air fryer. Follow the directions as is and then place seasoned slices in air fryer basket.
Cook at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until roasted.
How to store
They can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or air fryer.
Are roasted sweet potatoes good for you?
Yes, they are full of plant based fiber, vitamin C and vitamin B6.
More easy potato recipes
- Air fryer baked potatoes – Crispy potato skin and fluffy, tender potato.
- Air fryer roasted potatoes – Seasoned, roasted potatoes that make a great side dish.
- Ranch mashed potatoes – Seasoned with ranch and topped with cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Air fryer potato wedges – Easy to make potato wedges.
- Air fryer potato skins – A family favorite appetizer.
Let me know how your sweet potato slices turn out. Feel free to leave a comment and rating below.
Baked Sweet Potato Slices
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes Washed, peeled, sliced into 1/4 inch circles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon course salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes. Slice into 1/4-inch rounds.*** For cinnamon sweet potatoes, stir sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Place sweet potato rounds into a bowl. Pour olive oil over potatoes and toss to cover. Add seasoning, either savory or sweet, and toss to combine.
- Place sweet potato rounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a high quality baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are roasted.
Looks wonderful! Would it be okay to substitute yams for the sweet potatoes?
Thanks so much
Yes, yams will work for this 🙂
Wow, what a great recipe to use as a side for almost any dish!
These would be so good as a side. Pair this with a steak or chicken and you have a dinner!
These look so easy and delicious. I saw at Target last week that you could buy frozen sweet potato slices, silly right?
I’ve tried this before! this is really delicious and very simple to make. Mine has only sugar coating. Will definitely try yours this is awesome recipe. Thank you for giving me another idea about baking sweet potatoes.
These look amazing. I’ve never tried sweet potato slices before. I bet they’re really good too. I honestly never thought to use sweet potatoes, but now I’ll be trying this.
This recipe is simple and looks and sounds delicious! I am a fan of sweet potatoes and am always looking for a new way to prepare them. Yum!
Terri A Steffes
My husband makes these and they are delicious. He uses “Everything but the Bagel” seasoning with butter and we dollop them with sour cream. Yum!
These baked sweet potato slices look amazing! Of course anything in the air fryer has me at hello!
Jennifer Van Haitsma
This looks like a great healthy side. I’ll have to give sweet potato slices a try.
My kid loves sweet potatoes and I am sure he will love these baked ones!
Sweet potatoes has always been one of my favorite. Can’t wait to try this,it looks so delicious.
My family loves sweet potato’s. I can’t wait to give this a try.
SARAH L FLANAGAN
What a great way to get fiber and stay healthy! I love this for a snack instead of chips!
Brandy Ellen WRites
These bakeed sweet potaoe slices look so delightful. I haven’t had sweet potatoes in many years! I will have to give this a try.
These look so good!! I’ve tried wedges but didn’t think about slicing a sweet potato like this.
I love sweet potato fries so I bet I’d love these. Thanks for sharing a great recipe.
These look amazing. I have always loved sweet potatoes. They would make a perfect side dish!
This is so good to pair with a good bowl of soup. Also to have as snacks for the family.
My other half has a realy love for sweet potato so I could see him absolutely loving these slices, I may have to make him some.