Cooking frozen egg rolls in the air fryer is a quick and easy way to make crispy, delicious, restaurant quality egg rolls. They make a fast appetizer or snack that can be made in under 15 minutes with minimal clean-up.
The freezer section can be your best friend when you’re wanting to get food on the table quickly. Frozen egg rolls are one of our favorite things to have on hand to use as a great snack, fast appetizer or to go with meals like chicken teriyaki or egg roll in a bowl.
Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce like duck sauce, soy sauce, or sweet and sour sauce.
What makes this cooking method so good
Fast – They can be cooked up in under 15 minutes.
No thawing – That’s right, cook these air fryer egg rolls straight from frozen. No thawing required. This helps to reduce cooking time.
No extra oil – Because they were cooked in oil before the freezing process, you do not need to add any extra oil to cook them and get that nice golden brown color and crispy texture.
What you need
Frozen egg rolls or spring rolls – Use your favorite brand. In this recipe I am making vegetable egg rolls, but all variations like chicken and pork cook up great. They can be found in the freezer section of the grocery store.
Air Fryer – I tested this recipe using a 5.8 quart machine. You can read my full review of the machine I use to see if this might be a good choice for you.
How to make air fryer frozen egg rolls
- Place frozen egg rolls in air fryer basket in a single layer. I can fit 5-6 in my 5.8 quart.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes, flip them over and cook another 3-4 minutes at 390 degrees to achieve a nice crispy texture.
- Serve warm plain or with your favorite dipping sauce.
How long to cook frozen egg rolls in the air fryer
The average frozen egg rolls will need to cook about 13 minutes total in the air fryer. The total time will ultimately depend on the size of egg roll or spring roll and the air fryer model you are using.
Recently I have noticed that more frozen foods are adding air fryer cook times to their packaging so be sure to check the box for recommended times.
- Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the egg roll and what machine you are using. Larger rolls might take an extra minute or two while small spring rolls might only take 6-8 minutes cook time.
- There is no need to preheat your machine for this recipe.
- Don’t crowd the basket. You want each egg roll to have some space so that they cook evenly.
- If you would like the egg rolls really crispy, lightly spray with olive oil. I like using an oil mister. Be sure not to spray with something like PAM which can hurt the coating on the basket.
- Try serving these with your favorite dipping sauce, like mango chutney or duck sauce.
How to store
Have leftover egg rolls? Let them completely cool and store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can reheat them in the air fryer at 400 degrees F for 2-3 minutes.
If you are new to air frying, be sure to check out this printable Air Fryer Times and Temps cheat sheet that’s a great reference to keep in your kitchen.
More easy air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- Air Fryer Frozen Okra
- Air Fryer Frozen Pizza
- Air Fryer Corn Dogs
Let us know how you enjoyed this recipe in the comments below.
Frozen egg rolls in air fryer
- 1 box of 8 frozen egg rolls or spring rolls Use your favorite brand. Might not contain 8.
- Place frozen egg rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Depending on size, you might need to cook in 2 batches.
- Cook at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes. Flip the egg rolls over and cook at 390 degrees F for 3-4 minutes or until desired level of crispiness is achieved.
Leave a Reply