This salted caramel martini is a rich, sweet, creamy cocktail. Made with RumChata and flavored vodka, this a delicious drink great for any occasion.
If you are a fan of RumChata, be sure to try this cinnamon toast crunch cocktail that mixes it with Fireball whiskey that tastes just like the breakfast cereal.
This amazing dessert cocktail has a great blend of sweet and salty. It only requires a few easy ingredients but feels like a fancy drink you would order for a restaurant.
RumChata – RumChata is a liqueur that’s a blend of Caribbean rum, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. It has a smooth consistency and only a hint of alcohol taste. Should be easy to find where most alcohol is sold.
Vodka – This recipe is great with either vanilla or caramel flavored vodka.
Caramel syrup – Choose your favorite caramel syrup. You can use the syrup served with ice cream or a little thicker version that’s used for coffee drinks.
Salt – I like using sea salt or Kosher salt for this drink. You could also leave it off completely.
Ice – This is needed to shake the drink to get it nice and cold.
How to make
- Rim the glass: Pour some caramel syrup on a plate or wide bowl. Place salt on a separate plate. Place the rim of the martini glass in the syrup and then in the salt.
- Shake: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour vodka and RumChata in the shaker. Close the shaker and shake for about 30 seconds.
- Pour: Drizzle more caramel syrup in the martini glass and pour the drink in the glass. Serve cool.
- To help ensure the drink is really cold, use refrigerated RumChata and vodka.
- If you want the caramel to stick on the sides of glass for presentation, quickly drizzle the caramel on the inside of the glass and immediately place in the freezer to let it harden.
- Try not to over salt the rim. A light coating is all you need.
Can this be made into large batch?
While this recipe is for a single serving, you could make a larger batch for a crowd. Adjust the recipe according to the number of drinks you would like for example, four drinks would be 8 oz of RumChata and 4 oz of vodka. You can pour them in a pitcher and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- You can use plain, caramel or vanilla flavored vodka.
- Swap out the RumChata for Bailey’s Irish Cream or Kahlua.
- If you want extra caramel, add 1/2 oz of caramel syrup into the shaker with the RumChata and vodka.
- Want to make a fall inspired drink? Add an ounce of apple cider for a caramel apple martini.
More easy cocktail recipes
- Malibu Sunset – A delicious fruity drink, perfect for summer.
- Vodka Cranberry – A classic cocktail.
- Vodka Soda – Another easy, classic cocktail that can be made in minutes.
- Midori Sour – Green in color, with a melon flavor.
- Lemon Drop – Sweet and sour, this cocktail or shot is always a favorite.
This recipe is meant to be enjoyed by people 21 years of age or older. Please drink responsibly.
Salted Caramel Martini
- 2 oz RumChata
- 1 oz Vodka (Vanilla or Caramel)
- 1 1/2 oz caramel syrup
- sea salt for rim of glass
- ice for cocktail shaker
- Place some caramel syrup on a small rimmed plate. Place some sea salt on a separate plate.
- Roll the rim of a martini glass in caramel syrup and then in salt to coat the entire rim of glass.
- . Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour RumChata and vodka in the shaker.
- Shake for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour drink through strainer into prepared glass.