Canned Salmon Salad
Feb 16, 2023, Updated May 03, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Fast, easy canned salmon salad can be made in minutes. Made with fresh herbs, crunchy vegetables, and simple seasonings, this is a recipe that everyone is sure to enjoy.
Simple salmon salad recipe
You won’t believe how easy this simple recipe is to make. Just a few simple ingredients, like canned salmon, are needed and it’s easy to customize to your taste.
This salmon salad is perfect for an easy lunch or light dinner, even a quick snack. Similar to a classic tuna salad or chicken salad but with salmon.
Ingredients needed for canned salmon salad
- Canned salmon – I am using boneless canned salmon but feel free to use bone-in salmon. Make sure to drain off any excess liquid. You can also substitute with leftover salmon.
- Mayonnaise – Use your favorite mayonnaise for this recipe.
- Dijon mustard – This adds a little tang to the dish.
- Celery – Make sure to dice the celery up small.
- Red onion – You can use red onion or diced green onions.
- Dill – Fresh dill adds a wonderful flavor to this salad.
- Parsley – Fresh parsley adds color and flavor.
- Salt and ground black pepper – Season to taste.
How to make easy salmon salad recipe
Step one: Place mayonnaise, Dijon, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
Step two: Add drained salmon, celery, onions, dill, and parsley. Stir to combine and coat with the mayonnaise dressing. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
- Make sure to drain any excess liquid off of the canned salmon. You can even pat the salmon dry with a paper towel to make sure it’s dry.
- If you want to add a little spice, stir in 1-2 dashes of hot sauce.
Salmon salad substitutions
Mayonnaise – You can use your favorite mayonnaise or substitute with Greek plain yogurt.
Salmon – Feel free to substitute the canned salmon with fresh, cooked salmon. It’s a great way to use leftover salmon. You can also substitute with canned tuna.
Vegetables – If you want to add in more fresh veggies try diced bell peppers, diced cucumbers, or diced tomatoes.
Other – For a little salty flavor, try adding in a few capers. For extra protein, try stirring in a diced hard boiled egg.
How to serve salmon salad
- Sandwich – Serve it on your favorite bread, English muffin, bagel, or croissant.
- Wrap – Wrap in a tortilla for a delicious salmon wrap.
- Lettuce – Looking for a low-carb option? Use a lettuce leaf for a lettuce wrap or serve over salad greens.
- Dip – This can be served as a dip with toast, crackers, or cut up vegetables.
How to store leftover salmon salad
Store any leftover salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to two days.
More easy seafood recipes
- Tuna dip – Made with canned tuna.
- Air fryer tuna steak – A quick method of cooking ahi tuna steak.
- 14 Tuna steak recipes – Recipes using tuna steak.
- Coconut shrimp – Frozen coconut shrimp in the air fryer.
Canned Salmon Salad
- 2 5 ounce cans salmon
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1/8 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place mayonnaise, Dijon, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add drained salmon, celery, onions, dill, and parsley. Stir to combine and coat with the mayonnaise dressing. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.