14 Easy Recipes For Tuna Steak
Aug 19, 2021, Updated Sep 01, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This collection of 14 recipes for tuna steak is full of some delicious ideas for preparing this amazing fish. Seared tuna to tuna tacos, there is sure to be a recipe that will tempt your tastebuds.
Ahi tuna is a species of tuna that has a similar flavor to bluefin tuna but is more budget friendly. Ahi, or yellowfin, tuna can usually be found fresh or frozen at the local grocery store.
Is it safe to eat raw tuna? Yes, it’s usually safe as long as it’s been handled properly. This fish is typically served cooked rare to medium-rare, or seared on the outside and left raw on the inside.
When you are selecting a tuna steak be sure to make sure that it:
- Ranges in color from a deep red to pink. If you see brown that means it’s starting to go bad.
- Is moist but not wet or slimy looking.
- Should smell fresh from the sea and not smell overly fishy.
Now that you have your perfect tuna steak, check out this list of some of the best ahi tuna recipes.
Ahi Tuna Steak Air Fryer
Six-Minute Seared Ahi Tuna Steaks
Sesame Crusted Tuna Steak With Wasabi Whipped Cream
Grilled Tuna and White Bean Salad
Asian Tuna Noodle Bowls
Seared Tuna And Mango Kabobs
Teriyaki Tuna With Volcano Sauce
Spicy Tuna Poke Bowls
Seared Tuna With Avocado Salsa Verde
Paccheri With Fresh Tuna Ragu
Pan Seared Blackened Ahi Tuna
Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Tuna Steaks
13. Ahi Tuna Tacos
Seared Ahi Tuna Tacos
Ahi Tuna Sushi Stacks
Let me know if you try any of these delicious recipes.
More tuna recipes
- Best poke bowl recipes – A collection of some of the most delicious poke bowls.
- Tuna dip recipe – Easy dip made with canned tuna.
Tuna Steak Recipes
- 2 ahi tuna steaks
- To pick fresh ahi tuna steaks look for a moist, firm tuna. It should still look a little shiny, not brown and dry.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
More seafood recipes
- Homemade cocktail sauce
- Air fryer crab cakes
- Air fryer popcorn shrimp
- Homemade tartar sauce
- Air fryer shrimp and sausage
- How to reheat shrimp
- Imitation crab recipes
- Tuna Dip
Did you try any of these recipes? Let me know which one in the comments below.