Want coconut shrimp but don’t have much time? Try frozen coconut shrimp in the air fryer that can be cooked in 10 minutes for a restaurant quality dish at home.
Air fryer frozen coconut shrimp
Coconut shrimp is a delicious seafood dish that has a crunchy breading with a sweet coconut, tropical flavor. They are often offered as an appetizer at restaurants but also make a wonderful main dish.
Why this recipe works
Cooking Method – Cooking these shrimp in the air fryer gets you crispy and juicy shrimp without having to deep fry them. The hot air that circulates around the shrimp while cooking makes the coconut crust crunchy on the outside and keeps the shrimp tender on the inside.
Healthy(ish) – Cooking in the air fryer helps to reduce calories since you aren’t cooking in oil.
Fast – These cook straight from frozen and can be cooked in about 10 minutes start to finish which is faster than cooking in the oven. Perfect for a busy weeknight!
Simple – This easy recipe works well for a quick dinner or appetizer.
Air fryer coconut shrimp ingredients
It doesn’t get any easier than one ingredient. All you need for this recipe is:
- Frozen coconut shrimp – Use your favorite brand like SeaPak, store brand, Margaritaville, Trader Joes brand, Aqua Star, and more.
- Air Fryer – Use your favorite air fryer. I am using a Cosori 5.8 quart.
How to cook frozen coconut shrimp in air fryer
Step one: Place frozen coconut shrimp in the air fryer basket. Make sure to arrange them in a single, even layer.
Step two: Cook the shrimp at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Carefully flip the shrimp over and cook another 4-5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- There is no need to spray the air fryer basket with oil. If you want your shrimp extra crispy, you can lightly spray them with olive oil but I find they are crunchy enough without the oil.
- Don’t use a non-stick cooking spray on the basket because it can damage the basket.
- You can fit about 10 coconut shrimp in the air fryer basket depending on the size of your air fryer and the size of your shrimp. Make sure to keep them in a single layer.
What to serve with coconut shrimp
Sauce: Serve these crunchy shrimp with your favorite dipping sauce like pina colada sauce, cocktail sauce, sweet chili sauce, or tartar sauce.
Sides: You can also try serving one of these amazing 25 side dishes for fried shrimp like french fries, roasted broccoli, salad, and so many more.
How to store
Store: If you have leftovers, let them cool and then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will stay good for 2 days.
Reheat: Reheat the shrimp in the air fryer at 350 for about 5 minutes.
How long to cook coconut shrimp in the air fryer
Frozen coconut shrimp will take approximately 10 minutes to cook in the air fryer. The cooking time might vary depending on the size of the shrimp and the air fryer.
Regular sized coconut shrimp will take 8-10 minutes total.
Jumbo sized coconut shrimp will take 10-12 minutes total.
More easy air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- Air Fryer Frozen Okra
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Strips
- Air Fryer Frozen Popcorn Chicken
Frozen Coconut Shrimp In Air Fryer
- 8-12 frozen coconut shrimp
- Place frozen coconut shrimp in the air fryer basket. Make sure to arrange them in a single, even layer. About 10 shrimp will usually fit.
- Cook the shrimp at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Carefully flip the shrimp over and cook another 4-5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Leave a Reply