Hot Pockets are an easy, fast option for lunch, dinner or a quick pizza snack. They come in a variety of flavors and can be made in about 5 minutes. In this post we will talk about how long to microwave hot pockets to achieve a delicious, crispy meal.
What are Hot Pockets? They are frozen pastries that contain different toppings like pepperoni and cheese, sausage, ham, and even vegetable. They have discontinued their”healthier” version called Lean Pockets, but have introduced new Big Bold Hot Pockets.
These pizza pockets can be cooked in the oven, air fryer, and microwave. In this post you will learn how long to microwave hot pockets and tips for cooking the perfect Hot Pocket.
How do you cook Hot Pockets in the microwave
It’s safe to microwave Hot Pockets and in fact, this is the fastest method for cooking them, taking less time than an oven or air fryer.
- Take the frozen Hot Pocket out of the box and the wrapping. Put it in the crisping sleeve.
- Put the sleeve on a microwave-safe plate and microwave Hot Pockets for 2-3 minutes. Cooking time may vary depending on how many pockets you are cooking at a time and the wattage of the microwave
- Once cooked through, carefully remove from the crisping sleeve.
*** It’s important to heat them until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit or 74 degrees Celsius.
Is it safe to microwave Hot Pockets?
Yes, microwaving Hot Pockets is perfectly safe and is a quicker option than cooking them in the oven. They will take about 2-4 minutes to cook completely in the microwave.
How long to microwave Hot Pockets?
Microwaving time will depend on the wattage microwave you are using and also if you prefer a soft or crispy Hot Pocket.
One frozen pocket – The recommend microwaving time for Hot Pockets is 2-4 minutes. For a softer pocket, cook for 2 minutes.
Two frozen pockets – It takes about 4 minutes to microwave 2 Hot Pockets in the microwave.
Tips for cooking Hot Pockets
Microwaving Hot Pockets is super simple but here are a few tips to help get the perfect pocket.
- Be sure to check your microwave wattage to ensure you are cooking the correct time. Most microwave’s are 1100 or 700 watt microwave, which calls for a 2-4 minute cook time.
- Don’t microwave them on a paper plate or plastic plate. The paper plate could potentially burn and plastic plates should not be microwaved because chemicals.
- If you don’t have a microwave-safe dish, you can microwave them on parchment paper.
- For best results, cook one at a time.
- Make sure to cook the pockets all the way through so that the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. To ensure even cooking, hold the crisper sleeve on the ends and shake to distribute the hot ingredients.
- For the best results and if you want extra crispy Hot Pockets, microwave for 2 minutes and then finish cooking the pizza pockets on a baking sheet in the oven at 375 degrees F for 3-4 minutes for a crispy outer pocket.
Microwaving Hot Pockets is the fastest cooking method and can be made in about 5 minutes. The best way to achieve a golden brown, crispy pocket is to cook in the oven or air fryer.
More microwave meals
- How to cook ramen in the microwave
- Microwave cinnamon apples
- Microwave carrots
- Microwave cauliflower
- Microwave spaghetti squash
Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments. Don’t forget to subscribe above for more easy recipes.
How Long To Microwave Hot Pockets
- 1 frozen hot pocket
- Open box and unwrap the frozen Hot Pocket.
- Open up the crisper sleeve and place the Hot Pocket inside the sleeve.
- Put on a microwave safe plate or piece of parchment paper.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until heated all the way through.
- Carefully remove and serve warm.