Frozen corn dogs in the air fryer are nice and crunchy on the outside with a perfectly cooked hot dog on the inside. Make air fryer frozen corn dogs in minutes with this cooking method.
There is nothing like a freshly dipped and fried corn dog but sometimes when you want something quick, a frozen corn dog is the perfect option.
Why cook in the air fryer?
You have a microwave and oven so why use an air fryer? There are many reasons I choose this cooking method. With the oven, you have to wait for it to preheat and often the cooking times are longer. The microwave is fast but can sometimes give food a rubbery texture.
The air fryer uses hot circulated air which gives food a delicious crispy, crunchy, just-like-fried texture.
Also, since you don’t have to use any extra oil, it helps to cut back on calories. Finally it cooks really fast and is super easy to clean.
Frozen corn dogs – What are the best frozen corn dogs? There are many great brands like Foster Farms corn dogs, State Fair and Morning Star.
How long to cook frozen corn dogs in air fryer
Scroll down to see full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Preheat: Preheat for 3-5 minutes. (If you forget to preheat or don’t have time, this is not a have to step.)
- Cook: Place frozen corn dogs in the basket. I can get 4-5 in my 5.8 quart machine. Set temperature to 390 degrees F for 8 minutes. ***Depending on your machine and corn dogs using, the time may vary. I recommend cooking at least a total time of 10 minutes.
- Flip: Flip the corn dogs over and bake again at 390 degrees for another 3-4 minutes.
How long do you cook frozen mini corn dogs in air fryer?
Mini corn dogs can be cooked at 390 degrees F for 5 minutes, shake, and then another 5 minutes.
- Don’t stack corn dogs on top of each other while cooking. This helps the heat circulate around the food to get a nice even cook and perfect crunch on the outside.
- Use soft tipped utensils when removing food from the fryer so the basket doesn’t get scratched.
Best air fryer to use
There are many great machines on the market today. Before you purchase, think about the quantity you will be cooking and how often you will be using. This can help determine the size you might need.
- OMORC – This model is 6 quarts which works well for a family of 4-6.
- Ninja – This model has great reviews and can usually find at a good price.
- Instant Vortex – This is model is made by Instant Pot.
Cooking times and temperatures
New to cooking with an air fryer? Here is a printable cook times and temperatures to use as a kitchen reference.
More easy recipes
- Air fryer mushrooms – Delicious roasted mushrooms can be made in minutes.
- Air fryer corn on the cob – A super easy way to cook corn.
- Air fryer asparagus – Tender crisp asparagus makes a wonderful side dish.
- Air fryer meatloaf – Perfect crust and tender in the middle, this meatloaf is a family favorite.
- Air fryer hamburgers – Don’t feel like firing up the grill, try making hamburgers in the air fryer.
- Air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus – Tender asparagus wrapped in crispy bacon.
I have started an Easy Air Fryer Recipes/Tips Facebook group. Would love for you to join in the fun and share with us what you are cooking up with your machine.
*** Make this recipe? Feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Frozen Corn Dogs In Air Fryer
- 4 corn dogs
- Preheat air fryer for 2-3 minutes. (optional)
- Place frozen corn dogs in air fryer basket.
- Set temperature to 390 degrees F and 8 minutes.
- Flip corn dogs over and cook at 390 degrees F for another 2-4 minutes or until cooked through.