Teriyaki Chicken With Broccoli
Mar 14, 2018, Updated Oct 24, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This teriyaki chicken recipe is quick and easy to make. A meal made with homemade bite sized chicken, vegetables, and a simple homemade teriyaki sauce in under 30 minutes.
Slightly sweet and salty, quick and easy are words that describe this delicious teriyaki chicken. Made with a homemade teriyaki sauce that is so good you will never buy the bottled stuff again.
When you need a flavorful meal but are short on time, this teriyaki chicken recipe is the way to go. Full of chicken and vegetables, coated in sauce, the whole family will be licking their plates clean.
How to make Teriyaki Chicken
- Start by making the teriyaki sauce.
- Add vegetable oil to a heated skillet. Cook chicken until completely done.
- Set chicken aside, add more oil to skillet and add vegetables. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften.
- I used broccoli, peppers and carrots. You can use your favorite veggies like snow peas, edamame, mushrooms or even pineapple.
- Place chicken back into skillet and pour in sauce. Stir to coat chicken and veggies. Top with sesame seeds and green onion.
Our Favorite Sides for Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry
I like serving mine with rice. You could also serve with noodles. This dish is great for meal prep bowls. Simply add the chicken mixture and rice to the containers and reheat when ready to eat your chicken teriyaki bowl!
More of my favorite recipes:
Easy Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry
- 1 lb chicken breast cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a medium sauce pan add soy sauce, water, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, honey and sesame oil. Stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water.
- Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the sauce pan and stir until the sauce thickens, about 3-4 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan. Cook chicken until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Add other tablespoon of vegetable oil and add vegetables to pan. Stir and cook for 5 minutes, until they start to soften.
- Add chicken back into pan. Pour sauce over and cook for another 3 minutes. Top with sesame seeds and green onion. Serve with rice or noodles.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.