How To Make Air Fryer Frozen Pizza Rolls
Jul 27, 2020, Updated Aug 03, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air fryer frozen pizza rolls make a quick and easy snack. Forget the microwave, cooking them in the air fryer gives them a nice crisp crunch. You will never want to cook them another way!
Sometimes you don’t feel like cooking and just want a quick, hot snack. Totino’s pizza rolls have always been one of our go-to’s for just that.
Having three kids, it seems like someone is always hungry so we usually keep a few frozen items like pizza rolls on hand for the “I’m hungry” occasion.
The kids are also old enough now where they can cook them in the air fryer by themselves. It’s nice that I don’t have to worry about them burning themselves with the oven.
Why cook pizza rolls in air fryer and not microwave or oven
One reason I love the air fryer is that it requires little to no oil for food to cook up crunchy and crispy. When they are cooked in the microwave, they can tend to still be a little soft and flimsy. When I cook them in the oven, they sometimes don’t cook evenly.
I have found cooking them in the air fryer to be the best way to get crispy pizza rolls. This method also cooks very quick, under 10 minutes, which is a lot faster than an oven.
If you are new to air frying, here is a printable cooking time and temperature sheet for reference.
How to cook Totino’s pizza rolls in the air fryer
- Cook: Place pizza rolls, we are using totino’s pizza rolls, in air fryer basket and cook at 390 degrees F for a total of 5-6 minutes. Flip half way through cooking time.
- Serve: Let them cool a few minutes before biting into them. The inside will be hot. I like to serve mine with marinara sauce or even ranch dressing.
How long to cook in air fryer?
Frozen pizza rolls take about 5-7 minutes to cook in the air fryer. Each machine cooks a little different so I recommend checking them around the 5 minute mark and add 1 or 2 minutes as needed.
Should I use oil?
No oil is needed to air fryer pizza rolls. Don’t worry, they will be golden brown and crunchy with no extra oil.
- Make sure not to stack rolls in the basket. The hot air needs to be able to circulate around the pizza rolls to evenly cook.
- Check on the rolls around 5 minutes of cooking to ensure they don’t break open.
- Make sure to let them cool a few minutes before eating because they will come out hot.
What are pizza rolls?
They are snack size pockets of fried dough stuffed with sauce, cheese and sometimes pepperoni.
There are several brands of frozen pizza rolls on the market. Totino’s is probably one of the most common.
What air fryer to use?
There are many great models with different sizes and price ranges. Here are a few others that I would recommend.
- Ninja Air Fryer – This is a smaller 4-quart option.
- Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer – 4 in 1 6 quart fryer.
- Power XL Vortex – This is a 7 quart option that can hold a lot of food.
More easy air fryer recipes
- Air fryer french fries – The ultimate way to achieve crunchy frozen french fries.
- Air fryer tator tots – A great method of cooking tator tots.
- Air fryer onion rings – Easy homemade onion rings.
- Air fryer okra – Frozen okra breaded okra cooks up quick.
*** If you made this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Want more air fryer inspiration? Check out our new Air Fryer Facebook group for ideas.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- 1/2 24.8 oz bag frozen pizza rolls
- Place pizza rolls in air fryer basket and cook at 390 for about 6 minutes. Flip the pizza rolls at the 3 minutes cooking mark.
- Let cool for a few minutes because they are hot inside.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.