Aug 23, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This homemade Chicken Seasoning blend is sure to spice up dinner. Rub on your chicken dishes to add delicious flavor to your meals.
Making seasoning blends at home saves money and is a great way to control whats going into the mix. A few of our other favorites are Jamaican jerk seasoning, french fry seasoning, chili seasoning and apple pie spice.
We eat a lot of chicken in our house. It’s a versatile protein that can be cooked up quickly. On busy nights it’s a no brainer to pop in the air fryer or oven for an easy dinner.
That’s where this chicken seasoning comes into play. It takes boring cooked chicken to the next level and has become a family favorite.
Why this recipe works
- Common ingredients are used for this mix. There’s a good chance they might already be in your spice rack.
- Making your own spice mixes saves money compared to pre-packaged mixes.
- Control on what ingredients are used and no added preservatives.
How to add flavor to chicken
There are many ways to add flavor to chicken. Marianades, brines, sauce and seasonings are all great way to spice up your chicken.
This all purpose chicken seasoning blend works for all kinds of chicken like baked chicken breasts, air fryer chicken legs, air fryer chicken legs, air fryer chicken breasts and air fryer rotisserie chicken.
This chicken spice mix contains ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. When making seasoning mixes, try to use fresh spices to ensure the best flavor and shelf life.
- Dried Parsley
- Garlic Salt
- Onion Powder
- Celery Seed
- Salt and Pepper
How to make the best chicken seasoning
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Combine: Pour all the spices into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Store: Store in an airtight container or glass jar. Keep in a cool dry space.
How to cook seasoned chicken
Seasoned chicken can be cooked in many different ways like grilling, baking, roasting or air frying.
When cooking with this seasoning, I use about 1 tablespoon per pound of meat. Sprinkle the rub straight on the meat or brush with a little olive oil then season before cooking.
For all cooking methods, be sure that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165 degrees F.
How to store chicken seasoning
This homemade seasoning mix is best kept in an airtight container or spice jar. Keep in a cool, dry place. Depending on how old your spices were to start, this mix can last about 6 months.
More easy chicken recipes
- Jerk Chicken Meal Prep – Seasoned chicken with pineapple salsa and rice.
- Buffalo Chicken Wraps – Shredded chicken with buffalo sauce, veggies and wrap.
- Crockpot Chicken Fajitas – Quick and easy dinner with chicken, onions and peppers.
- Instant Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta – Cooked chicken with pesto and pasta all cooked in the pressure cooker.
- Fiesta Chicken Casserole – Chicken combined with pasta and Mexican flavors.
***If you made this recipe, feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon course salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour all seasonings into a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Store chicken seasoning mix in an airtight container or glass jar with lid.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.