Buffalo Chicken Pasta is a creamy, flavorful and easy meal. Full of chicken, pasta, cheese and buffalo sauce, this is a casserole dinner that’s sure to be a big hit.
This buffalo chicken pasta casserole is a quick and easy comfort food meal. A great mix of chicken, cheese, pasta and buffalo sauce that will leave you feeling satisfied.
Buffalo sauce – I like using Frank’s buffalo sauce or this easy homemade buffalo sauce.
Pasta – Choose your favorite pasta. I like rigatoni, mostaccioli, penne, ziti, and rotini.
Cheese – I used a mixture of mozzarella and colby jack cheese. You could substitute with cheddar or another cheese that melts well.
Cream cheese – Be sure to softened the cream cheese.
Ranch dressing – This adds creaminess and flavor to the dish. You can also replace ranch with blue cheese dressing.
Garlic powder – Adds extra flavor. Feel free to omit if you don’t like garlic.
Optional – Diced green onions and or blue cheese crumbles for garnish.
How to make buffalo chicken pasta
Scroll to the bottom for full, printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Pasta: Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain off water once finished cooking.
- Mix: In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, buffalo sauce, garlic powder and ranch dressing until combined. Stir in shredded chicken and half the cheese. Stir in pasta.
- Bake: Spray 9 x 13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mixture into dish and top with extra cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe tips and variations
- Let the cream cheese soften at room temperature before mixing with other ingredients. If limited on time, place cream cheese in microwave for 10-15 seconds to help soften.
- Try adding a few vegetables for added texture. Saute 1 cup diced celery and 1/4 cup diced onion for 4-5 minutes and add to the pasta mixture before baking.
- I recommend shredding your own cheese. It melts really well and is so much more creamy. Pre-shredded cheese works well too but there is something so delicious about freshly shredded cheese.
- Don’t have buffalo sauce, make your own or substitute with Frank’s hot sauce.
How to store
Store: Be sure that the buffalo chicken pasta bake has completely cooled. Cover with foil and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. You can also place into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
How to freeze buffalo chicken pasta bake
Freeze after baking: Make sure the casserole is completely cooled. Place in a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until warmed through.
Freeze before baking: You can also freeze before baking. Assemble the casserole and then place in a freezer safe casserole dish. Cover tightly with foil and freezer.
More easy pasta recipes
- Baked mostaccioli – Cheesy pasta bake with crumbled Italian sausage.
- Baked ravioli – Ravioli baked with sauce and cheese.
- Fiesta chicken casserole – Pasta baked with chicken, cheese, black beans, corn and more.
- Cream cheese pasta – Easy cream cheese sauce with pasta.
- Green pasta sauce – Delicious and nutritious sauce made with spinach.
*** If you made this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- 16 oz uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I use Frank's Buffalo sauce or homemade.)
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing (You can substitute with blue cheese dressing.)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups colby jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to box directions. Drain water once finished cooking.
- In a large bowl, stir together softened cream cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and garlic powder. Stir in cooked chicken and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup colby jack cheese. Stir in cooked pasta.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour pasta mixture in baking dish. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese melts.