Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken has a perfectly crispy skin and flavorful, juicy meat. Forget the ones that have been sitting out at the grocery store, you can make your own with just a few ingredients.
I love how easy it is to make rotisserie chicken in your air fryer oven! There are so many things I love making in my air fryer like roasted potatoes and roasted broccoli.
If you don’t have an air fryer yet, I would highly recommend having one in your kitchen. We use ours at least 2 times a week. It’s especially great if you don’t feel like preheating an oven or heating up your kitchen.
How to make air fryer rotisserie chicken
**Scroll down for full, printable recipe.
- Begin by making a spice rub for the chicken. You can feel free to use your favorite combination of spices but this is one of my favorite blends.
- Course Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- brown sugar
- Rinse and dry chicken. Place in a bowl and rub olive oil over the whole chicken. You can also use coconut oil or Ghee.
- Sprinkle and rub the spice mix over the whole chicken.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken, breast side down, into the air fryer basket.
- Set temperature to 360 degrees F and 30 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and cook for 360 degrees and another 30 minutes.
How long to cook whole chicken in air fryer
Each air fryer cooks a little different but it takes approximately 1 hour to cook a whole chicken. The key is getting the chicken to reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F.
Tips for making the best air fryer rotisserie chicken
- Temperature– Make sure the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees F.
- Rest– Let chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Leftovers– Save leftovers in the refrigerator. Will last 3-4 days.
Recipes you can use shredded chicken
What air fryer to use
I use a 5.8 qt. Cosori and the chicken fit well in the basket. You can read my full review on the Cosori for more information on how it works.
There are many great air fryers on the market today. Here are a few others that work well:
- OMORC – 5.8 quart with digital touchscreen.
- GoWise – 5.8 quart that comes with a recipe book.
- Instant Vortex – Made by Instant Pot.
More air fryer main dish recipes
- Air fryer chicken legs – Crispy and juicy, this is a quick and easy meal.
- Air fryer chicken breast – This cook up fast and are great to use for a variety of meals.
- Air fryer turkey meatballs – A family favorite!
- Air fryer meatloaf – Classic meatloaf with a delicious sauce.
- Air fryer shrimp and sausage – Shrimp boil in the air fryer.
- Air fryer fajitas – Steak fajitas cooked made with steak, peppers, onions and spices.
***If you made this recipe, please give it a star rating below.
Check out the video below for step-by-step instruction. You can find all of our videos on Youtube.
Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 4 lb whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon course salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- In a small bowl, stir together salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, Italian seasoning and brown sugar.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken.
- Rub oil over chicken and then sprinkle and rub seasoning mix all over chicken.
- Spray air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken, breast side down, in basket.
- Set air fryer at 360 degrees and cook for 30 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and cook at 360 degrees for another 30 minutes. Make sure the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees.
Santa brought me an air fryer. I would like to try this chicken but what happens to all the juices/broth from the chicken? My air fryer is like the size and shape of a toaster oven/microwave not a round one.
You have a drip pan you place in the bottom of the fryrr
You could put a piece of foil in the very bottom of the air fryer basket to catch drippings.
I put the drip pan on the first rack, put the chicken on the air fryer rack (don’t know the name but to me it looks like a cooling rack), and used the drippings to make gravy in a saucepan on top of the stove. Never had a moister whole chicken ever using all the spices listed. Excellent whole chicken recipe for toaster oven-type air fryers. I will use this rub for any chicken recipe.
My first time making a rotisserie chicken in my air fryer. So easy and delicious. Juicy, tender meat with a crispy skin.
Easy and delicious!
Taste was delicious and the entire bird was so moist.
Definitely a keeper.
Mine got pretty crispy on top, I followed the recipe too. Is it because it sits too close to heating element?
Judy M Yurisich
I cut the backbone out of mine (called spatchcock, or butterflied chicken) press it flat and place it breast side down, cook at 360 degrees for 30 min, then turn it breast side up and cook another 30 min. or until internal temp is 165 degrees.
Awesome! I cut mine in half also like that! I’m so glad you put a review! I’ve been looking all over for someone who did this. Making it tonight! Thank you