Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken has a perfectly crispy skin and flavorful, juicy meat. Forget the ones that have been sitting out at the grocery store, you can make your own with just a few ingredients.
If you don’t have an air fryer yet, I would highly recommend having one in your kitchen. We use ours at least 2 times a week. It’s especially great if you don’t feel like preheating an oven or heating up your kitchen.
How To Make Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
**Scroll down for full, printable recipe.
- Begin by making a spice rub for the chicken. You can feel free to use your favorite combination of spices but this is one of my favorite blends.
- Course Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- brown sugar
- Rinse and dry chicken. Place in a bowl and rub olive oil over the whole chicken. You can also use coconut oil or Ghee.
- Sprinkle and rub the spice mix over the whole chicken.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken, breast side down, into the air fryer basket.
- Set temperature to 360 degrees F and 30 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and cook for 360 degrees and another 30 minutes.
Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
- Temperature– Make sure the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees F.
- Rest– Let chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Leftovers– Save leftovers in the refrigerator. Will last 3-4 days.
Recipes You Can Make With Air Fryer Whole Roasted Chicken
Equipment I Used
***If you made this recipe, please give it a star rating below.
Check out the video below for step-by-step instruction. You can find all of our videos on Youtube.
Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 4 lb whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon course salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- In a small bowl, stir together salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, Italian seasoning and brown sugar.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken.
- Rub oil over chicken and then sprinkle and rub seasoning mix all over chicken.
- Spray air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken, breast side down, in basket.
- Set air fryer at 360 degrees and cook for 30 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and cook at 360 degrees for another 30 minutes. Make sure the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees.