Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
Oct 08, 2019, Updated Jun 25, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken has a perfectly crispy skin and flavorful, juicy meat. Forget the ones that have been sitting out at the grocery store, you can make your own with just a few ingredients.
If you don’t have an air fryer yet, I would highly recommend having one in your kitchen. We use ours at least 2 times a week. It’s especially great if you don’t feel like preheating an oven or heating up your kitchen.
How to make air fryer rotisserie chicken
**Scroll down for full, printable recipe.
- Begin by making a spice rub for the chicken. You can feel free to use your favorite combination of spices but this is one of my favorite blends.
- Course Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- brown sugar
- Rinse and dry chicken. Place in a bowl and rub olive oil over the whole chicken. You can also use coconut oil or Ghee.
- Sprinkle and rub the spice mix over the whole chicken.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken, breast side down, into the air fryer basket.
- Set temperature to 360 degrees F and 30 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and cook for 360 degrees and another 30 minutes.
How long to cook whole chicken in air fryer
Each air fryer cooks a little different but it takes approximately 1 hour to cook a whole chicken. The key is getting the chicken to reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F.
Tips for making the best air fryer rotisserie chicken
- Temperature– Make sure the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees F.
- Rest– Let chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Leftovers– Save leftovers in the refrigerator. Will last 3-4 days.
Recipes you can use shredded chicken
What air fryer to use
I use a 5.8 qt. Cosori and the chicken fit well in the basket. You can read my full review on the Cosori for more information on how it works.
There are many great air fryers on the market today. Here are a few others that work well:
- OMORC – 5.8 quart with digital touchscreen.
- GoWise – 5.8 quart that comes with a recipe book.
- Instant Vortex – Made by Instant Pot.
More air fryer main dish recipes
- Air fryer chicken legs – Crispy and juicy, this is a quick and easy meal.
- Air fryer chicken breast – This cook up fast and are great to use for a variety of meals.
- Air fryer turkey meatballs – A family favorite!
- Air fryer meatloaf – Classic meatloaf with a delicious sauce.
- Air fryer shrimp and sausage – Shrimp boil in the air fryer.
- Air fryer fajitas – Steak fajitas cooked made with steak, peppers, onions and spices.
***If you made this recipe, please give it a star rating below.
Check out the video below for step-by-step instruction. You can find all of our videos on Youtube.
Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
- Air Fryer
- 1 4 lb whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon course salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- In a small bowl, stir together salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, Italian seasoning and brown sugar.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken.
- Rub oil over chicken and then sprinkle and rub seasoning mix all over chicken.
- Spray air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken, breast side down, in basket.
- Set air fryer at 360 degrees and cook for 30 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and cook at 360 degrees for another 30 minutes. Make sure the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.