Air fryer chicken thighs are a quick and flavorful dinner. Made in less than 30 minutes, this chicken is great for a busy weeknight.
We like to make this a full meal with air fryer vegetables and roasted potatoes.
I am all about quick and easy meals like these turkey meatballs and air fryer shrimp and sausage.
But this air fryer chicken thigh recipe has moved up to one of my top favorite meals to make for the family. The kids went crazy for it and the best part, it took minutes to prepare and make.
Why this recipe works
- Budget friendly, delicious meal that works for the whole family.
- Great for low-carb, Keto and gluten free eating.
- No breading needed, this chicken is full of flavor.
Chicken thighs – For this recipe I used boneless, skinless thighs. It will also work with bone in thighs.
Olive oil – Since there is no skin, the oil helps to prevent sticking and achieving that golden brown color.
Lemon juice – This adds a nice fresh flavor to the chicken.
Seasonings – Lemon pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and salt
How to make chicken thighs in the air fryer
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Prepare: Preheat air fryer for 2-5 minutes. Pat chicken dry and then brush on olive oil. Add lemon juice over chicken.
- Spices: In a small bowl mix together lemon pepper, paprika, garlic powder and salt. Sprinkle and rub spices all over the thighs.
- Cook: Place chicken thighs in air fryer basket. Cook at 380 degrees for 12 minutes. Check to make sure internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees F.
- Be sure to pat the chicken dry before seasoning.
- Don’t stack chicken thighs in the air fryer basket. It is important for the hot air to be able to circulate around the chicken so it cooks evenly. (I was able to fit 6 pieces in my 5.8 quart.)
- I like to preheat the air fryer when cooking meat. Preheat 2-5 minutes or whatever your machine recommends.
- If you are using bone-in chicken thighs cook at 380 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or internal temperature or at least 165 degrees F.
- If you prefer crispier chicken thighs, but skin on thighs.
How to store
Store leftover air fryer chicken thighs in and airtight container after they have cooled and come to room temperature. They will last 3-5 days.
Reheat in the oven at 350 until warm or back in the air fryer at 360 for 4-5 minutes.
Best air fryer to use
I have been using a Cosori 5.8 quart for close to a year and really enjoy how it preforms. You can read my full Cosori air fryer review to learn more about this machine.
A few other wonderful options are:
Instant Pot Vortex – This 6-in-1, 6 quart machine is made by Instant Pot.
OMORC – This is an affordable 5.8 quart machine.
What to serve with chicken thighs
This really goes well with so many different side dishes. If I don’t feel like using a lot of ingredients, I will often serve it with rice or cauliflower rice.
Here are a few of our other favorite side dishes:
More easy chicken recipes
- Air fryer rotisserie style chicken – Forget the grocery store, make your own rotisserie chicken at home.
- Air fryer chicken breast – Great dinner and works well for meal prep.
- Air fryer chicken legs – Quick meal with crispy skin.
- Mississippi chicken – Version of the classic Mississippi pot roast.
- Crockpot chicken tacos – 3 ingredients to make this delicious meal.
***If you made this recipe, please free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs See notes for bone in thighs
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pat chicken thighs dry. Brush olive oil over thighs and top with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, mix together lemon pepper, garlic powder, paprika and salt. Sprinkle and rub spice mixture on both sides of thighs.
- Place chicken in the air fryer basket. Cook at 380 degrees for 12 minutes. Check to make sure internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees F.
Every time I make this recipe, I get so many compliments on the flavor and juiciness. I also sprinkled a little thyme on top of the chicken. My company asked for the recipe.
I love thee Air Fryer and the recipe was so delicious! Thee chicken was juicy and crispy!
The best way to cook chicken! Comes out so crispy and tasty!
Yum! These look so delicious and tasty! My kids are going to love this!