Jerk Chicken Meal Prep Bowls are super flavorful for lunch or dinner throughout the week. Filled with jerk spiced chicken, black beans, pineapple salsa and yellow rice. Make once and have four delicious meals.
I mentioned a few weeks ago that I have been lovin’ meal prepping. If only I would have started doing this sooner! It saves me so much time and knowing that I have meals on hand helps reduce some stress. My husband is especially enjoying having healthy and filling lunches for work instead of going out to the local fast food restaurant.
This week I decided to make jerk chicken and rice bowls. These are delicious right out of the container or wrapped up in a tortilla with a little diced avocado. The spicy flavor of the jerk seasoning paired with the sweet pineapple salsa makes for one tasty meal.
How to make meal prep bowls
Start by cooking up some yellow rice. Next mix up the pineapple salsa and set aside. Cut up chicken breasts into small pieces, toss with jerk seasoning and then saute in a pan until cooked through.
Divide the rice, chicken, pineapple salsa and black beans into meal prep containers. You can refrigerate these up to 4 days.
Jerk Chicken Meal Prep Bowls HELPFUL HINTS
- I use these Rubbermaid Brilliance containers for my meal prep.
- These bowls are good for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
- If you would like to be able to microwave the chicken beans and rice, store the pineapple salsa in a separate container and spoon on when ready to eat.
- This meal is also wonderful served in a tortilla and topped with avocado.
- I use a rice cooker to prepare the yellow rice. White or brown rice would also work well.
More easy chicken recipes
Jerk Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 5 oz package yellow rice, cooked
- In a medium bowl, mix together pineapple, cilantro and red onion. Set aside.
- Sprinkle jerk seasoning over chicken and stir to coat.
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and add chicken. Cook over medium heat until cooked through. About 6-7 minutes.
- Spoon rice, black beans, chicken and pineapple salsa into 4 containers or serve in a bowl.
Do you use fresh pineapple or can
I use fresh but you can also used canned pineapple.
I made this with some “very hot & spicy” jerk seasoning I picked up in Turks & Caicos. The contrast between the heat and the sweet/tangy pineapple salsa is remarkable!
Love this recipe!!! The pineapple salsa is so good!! 🥰
Really tasty! Nice flavor combo. Made with cuban-style beans (added a little something extra). Going into the collection!!
Do you season the chicken with just the jerk sauce?
Yes, I just use the jerk seasoning for the chicken.
Hi there! Is the rice 5 Oz dry or cooked?
Dry Rice. I usually buy my yellow rice in a package but you could also use white or brown rice.
Hi if I replaced the pineapple salsa with cabbage instead, do you know the number of calories this meal will be for 5 servings?
Hi Kierra, I’m not sure. I use a calorie calculator to determine the total amount of calories for the meal. I think you would just subtract the calories from pineapple and for the cabbage I would image it doesn’t have many calories at all.
Hi, cooked my chicken in the skillet. The directions did not state to bake the chicken.
How many calories is this meal?
Did you cut the chicken before or after you baked it in the oven?
I cut into pieces before. You could bake the whole chicken if you prefer and then slice.