How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds Air Fryer
Sep 16, 2019, Updated May 28, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Roasting pumpkin seeds in your Air Fryer is easy and makes a great snack! There are so many variations with seasonings.This is a basic recipe step-by-step recipe.
Ingredients Needed For Basic Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Olive Oil
- Seasoned Salt
How to Clean Pumpkin Seeds
In order to have delicious seeds, you need to first give them a good clean. Begin by separating them from the pumpkin pulp. Place them in a colandar and rinse under cold water. Give the colandar a good shake to remove excess water.
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds in the Air Fryer
- Start with cleaning the pumpkin seeds. Make sure to remove all of the pulp, rinse and dry them.
- Next, boil them in salted water for 10 minutes. This helps cook them inside a little before roasting them. The salted water also helps add some flavor.
- Dry the seeds on paper towels. I would recommend letting them dry for at least 20 minutes before roasting.
- Mix them in a bowl with olive oil and seasoned salt. (If you would prefer a different seasoning, use that instead.)
- Spread the pumpkin seeds out in a thin layer in the air fryer. Roast at 360 degrees for 15 minutes.
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds In The Oven
If you don’t have an air fryer, clean and boil the the seeds. Season the seeds and then place on a baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-30 minutes depending on how crunchy you like them.
Are Pumpkin Seeds Good For You?
Yes! Not only are they a great snack, there are health benefits to eating these tasty seeds.
- They contain magnesium which is good for your heart.
- Great for immune system.
- High in antioxidants, fiber and healthy fats.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Seasoning
This recipe can be customized to your liking. They are great salty or sweet. Some of my favorite spice mixes are:
Apple Pie: Sprinkle with sugar and apple pie spice.
Spicy: Garlic Powder, salt, black pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Ranch: Use ranch seasoning.
Taco: Use lime juice and taco seasoning mix.
Recipes With Pumpkin Seeds
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds can be used for many different things. Eat them as a snack or use them to top salads, muffins and do much more. Here are a few of my favorite ways to use them.
*** If you made this recipe, be sure to give it a star rating below.
Air Fryer Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Air Fryer
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Remove seeds from pumpkin and place in a colandar. Rinse to remove pumpkin pulp from seeds.
- Boil seeds in water for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Allow seeds to dry on paper towels for about 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together olive oil and seasoned salt. Stir in seeds.
- Pour seeds into air fryer basket and be sure to spread them out.
- Air Fry on 360 for 15 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.