Caramel apple dip is a quick and easy appetizer or dessert. Made with a layer of whipped sweet cream cheese topped with caramel and toffee, this dessert is always a huge hit.
This dip is for all the caramel apple lovers out there. So easy to make and a lot easier than eating a caramel apple.
Cream cheese – Let cream cheese soften before mixing.
Powdered sugar – Adds a little sweetness to the base layer. You can substitute with granulated sugar or brown sugar.
Vanilla extract – Adds rich, sweet flavor.
Caramel dip – You can typically find this dip in the produce section, close to the apples. It comes in a 16 oz tub. If you have trouble finding it, substitute with a thick caramel ice cream sauce.
Toffee bits or chopped nuts – This is optional to top the dip.
What apples to use for dipping
I like using strong, sweet apples like Pink Lady, Granny Smith, Honeycrisp and Gala. It’s also delicious with sliced pears.
How to make caramel apple dip
Scroll to the bottom for full, printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Cream: Place cream cheese in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer until creamy. Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Layer: Spread cream cheese mixture into a baking dish. I like using a pie dish or something about that size. Spread caramel sauce over cream cheese mixture. Top with toffee bits or chopped nuts.
- Serve: Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Take out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before ready to serve.
How to serve caramel apple dip
This dip is good with many different things but I especially love it with sliced apples. Here are a few of our favorite dippers:
- Apples – ***TIP To keep the sliced apples from turning brown, soak them in Sprite, pineapple juice or lemon water.
- Cookies – Gingersnaps, shortbread, and oatmeal cookies are great options.
- Crackers – Graham crackers and butter crackers are delicious with this dip.
Recipe tips and variations
- Be sure to let the cream cheese soften at room temperature before mixing. This helps to make it creamy and easy to dip.
- If using thicker caramel dip, I like to microwave it for 15-20 seconds to make it easier to spread.
- This caramel apple dip is best served at room temperature. If you are making ahead of time, store in the refrigerator and then take out about 30 minutes before ready to serve. This allows it to soften and make it easy to dip.
More delicious dip recipes
- Crack dip – Creamy dip with ranch, bacon and cheese.
- Knorr spinach dip – A classic spinach dip served hot or cold.
- Beer cheese sausage dip – Hot beer cheese with crumbled sausage.
- Chipped beef dip – Chipped beef, cheese and green onion.
*** If you made this recipe, feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Caramel Apple Dip
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 16 oz caramel sauce or dip
- 1/2 cup toffee bits or chopped nuts
- Place cream cheese in a bowl and mix until creamy with an electric mixer. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into a serving dish.
- Warm up the caramel dip in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to make it easier to spread.
- Spread caramel dip or sauce over the cream cheese mixture. Make sure to spread into an even layer.
- Top with toffee bits or chopped nuts.