Bruschetta with olives is an AMAZING appetizer and so easy to make. A great use for garden tomatoes and basil.
This bruschetta recipe is so delicious, it is one of our favorite easy appetizers. I love serving it with chicken lasagna. If you have a garden, this is a great way to use some of those garden tomatoes and basil. I wish I could tell you that our garden was over flowing with beautiful tomatoes, but for some reason this year our garden is not doing so well.
Along with the sweet basil and juicy tomatoes, this bruschetta has diced green olives. I love how the saltiness of the olives balances out the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and basil, it really is such a delicious combination. I have been known to make this and not even use bread, all I need is a spoon 🙂
How to make bruschetta
Once you have all of your ingredients chopped, mix them in a bowl and spoon over toasted bread. Make sure and use the juiciest tomatoes you can find, cherry tomatoes are great, I used some vine ripened tomatoes this time. Keeping my fingers crossed that our garden tomatoes will start coming in and I will have more bruschetta in my future this summer.
Bruschetta with olives
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 loaf baguette cut in 1/2 inch slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly brush each side of baguette slice with olive oil and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, green olives, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once bread is baked, top with tomato mixture and serve.