Chicken Lasagna (Red Sauce version)
Jun 03, 2019, Updated Oct 24, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken Lasagna has amazing home style flavor and can be assembled quickly by using a few shortcuts. Rotisserie chicken, thick and hearty tomato sauce, spinach and cheese make a delicious lasagna your whole family will love.
Serve with a side salad for a complete meal.
You will love this Easy Chicken Lasagna Recipe
Growing up dinner time was one of the most important parts of the day. No matter what we had going on, my mom would always make sure to have a meal on the table and we would all sit down to eat together. Sometimes we had a meal she had been working on all day and sometimes it was something quick and easy she whipped up after school. No matter what she made, I always enjoyed sitting with my family and talking about our day. Even if we just stared at each other some nights, I appreciated just being together.
Some nights I take advantage of a few cooking shortcuts to get dinner on the table. I came up with this easy chicken lasagna recipe that uses two great shortcuts, jarred marinara sauce and rotisserie chicken. Even us food bloggers need some help sometimes. 🙂
Lasagna to me just screams comfort, home style food that everyone loves.
This recipe is quick to assemble. You can put it in the oven, get homework done and then you will be ready to eat.
How to make Chicken Lasagna
- Start with adding some of your favorite marinara sauce to the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- Add a layer of cooked lasagna noodles.
- Next add part of the chicken,cream cheese and spinach mixture and then top with cheese.
- Repeat with two more layers and bake for 50 minutes.
- Make sure to squeeze all of the water out of the spinach. This helps the lasagna not become soggy.
- If you have fresh mozzarella I would recommend using that but if you are in a pinch the pre-shredded works.
- Add a tablespoon of salt to the water you are using to boil the noodles for extra flavor.
Can you freeze Rotisserie Chicken Lasagna?
- Yes! The best way would be to assemble the lasagna then cover with tightly with foil and freeze for 1-2 months.
- If you bake it and then want to freeze, let the pan COMPLETELY cool. Cover with foil and freeze.
What to serve with Chicken Spinach Lasagna
This meal is delicious on it’s own but I do like serving mine with a simple side salad or even some roasted vegetables.
More Pasta Recipes:
- Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Shells are a great twist on a pasta meal. Large shells stuffed with chicken and broccoli.
- Sausage Manicotti is the ultimate comfort food.
- Italian Sub Pasta Salad can be a meal on it’s own or served as a side.
- Ground Beef Pasta Casserole is a family favorite. Hearty ground beef with cheese and pasta.
***If you made this dish please feel free to leave a comment and rating below.
Rotisserie Chicken Lasagna with Red Sauce
- 4 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 8 oz containers chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles cooked according to package
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together chicken, cream cheese, spinach and garlic salt.
- Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer with 1/3 of tomato sauce, 4 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of chicken mixture and 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat layers twice ending with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.