Chicken Lasagna has amazing home style flavor and can be assembled quickly by using a few shortcuts. Rotisserie chicken, thick and hearty tomato sauce, spinach and cheese make a delicious lasagna your whole family will love.
Serve with a side salad for a complete meal.
Growing up dinner time was one of the most important parts of the day. No matter what we had going on, my mom would always make sure to have a meal on the table and we would all sit down to eat together. Sometimes we had a meal she had been working on all day and sometimes it was something quick and easy she whipped up after school. No matter what she made, I always enjoyed sitting with my family and talking about our day. Even if we just stared at each other some nights, I appreciated just being together.
What you need
Some nights I take advantage of a few cooking shortcuts to get dinner on the table. I came up with this easy chicken lasagna recipe that uses two great shortcuts, jarred marinara sauce and rotisserie chicken. Even us food bloggers need some help sometimes. 🙂
Lasagna to me just screams comfort, home style food that everyone loves.
This recipe is quick to assemble. You can put it in the oven, get homework done and then you will be ready to eat.
How to make
- Start with adding some of your favorite marinara sauce to the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- Add a layer of cooked lasagna noodles.
- Next add part of the chicken,cream cheese and spinach mixture and then top with cheese.
- Repeat with two more layers and bake for 50 minutes.
- Make sure to squeeze all of the water out of the spinach. This helps the lasagna not become soggy.
- If you have fresh mozzarella I would recommend using that but if you are in a pinch the pre-shredded works.
- Add a tablespoon of salt to the water you are using to boil the noodles for extra flavor.
Can you freeze?
- Yes! The best way would be to assemble the lasagna then cover with tightly with foil and freeze for 1-2 months.
- If you bake it and then want to freeze, let the pan COMPLETELY cool. Cover with foil and freeze.
What to serve with it?
This meal is delicious on it’s own but I do like serving mine with a simple side salad or even some roasted vegetables.
More Pasta Recipes:
- Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Shells are a great twist on a pasta meal. Large shells stuffed with chicken and broccoli.
- Sausage Manicotti is the ultimate comfort food.
- Italian Sub Pasta Salad can be a meal on it’s own or served as a side.
- Ground Beef Pasta Casserole is a family favorite. Hearty ground beef with cheese and pasta.
***If you made this dish please feel free to leave a comment and rating below.
- 4 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 8 oz containers chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles cooked according to package
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together chicken, cream cheese, spinach and garlic salt.
- Lightly coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer with 1/3 of tomato sauce, 4 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of chicken mixture and 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat layers twice ending with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes.
We love this recipe. I often make extras and deliver to friends as a treat.:) Thanks for this easy and delicious recipe.
Sorry, but not good. Followed directions exactly. ALL you taste is cream cheese. If I ever make this again I will use half the cream cheese and substitute cottage cheese or ricotta cheese for the remaining half. I think that would help a ton. I looked good anyway.
Yum! I love chicken lasagna because it’s not as heavy when cooked with beef. I will be using this recipe soon.
I haven’t had any chicken lasagna in a while. That is something that I really used to enjoy. Seeing this recipe really brought back the memories. I need to have some chicken lasagna soon.
Gosh, I can’t remember the last time I made a lasagna. This one looks amazing! I definitely want to try it. Adding the chicken sounds awesome.
I’ve never had or heard of chicken lasagne before. I always have mine with mince meat. Would love to give this a go.
I love simple food, and this recipe is not only simple but it looks so delicious. Mixing all together the chicken, spinach and cheese is save a lot of time in preparing the which I found as great idea.
Cassandra @ Powered By BLING
I love the idea of using the cream cheese instead of ricotta and using chicken instead of heavier meats like sausage. Great idea with the Homestyle Ragu!
It’s been ages since I made my family Lasagna! So thanks for sharing your chicken recipe! I will definitely give it a try this week! Love Ragu too!
I love the idea of chicken lasagna! My family would eat this up I’m sure. I will have to give it a go.
Lasagna is definitely one of our favorite meals. I never would think to make it with chicken though. Perfect way to change things up.
I love lasagna and it would be nice to have different recipes for it. I think this is awesome because it’s perfect for busy nights! It’s really easy to cook. Thanks for the recipe, it’s worth keeping!
Ana De- Jesus
Oh wow this looks so good and that is coming from a vegetarian. I would love this with some Quorn Chicken.
I have never had lasagna with chicken before. This looks really good though. I will have to give it a try.
This sounds like all sorts of amazing. I have never had a chicken version of lasagna. I am going to try this soon!
This looks delicious! It is definitely a recipe we will have to try out. Ragu brings back childhood memories.
Why have I never added chicken into my lasagna, I dont know! But this is so great and adds protein! I am all about it and will def give this a try soon!
I try and make dinner for my family as often as possible but it’s tough. This is such a great shortcut idea to make things a little easier.
Thanks Kara. I know it can definitely be hard making dinner every night with everyone’s schedule. That is another great thing about this dish, it makes great leftovers 🙂
What a delicious looking dish! I am so eager to give this a try, I know my family will love it. It looks filling, comforting and melt in your mouth good!
We all love lasagne in our house. We’ve had beef Lasagne and vegetarian Lasagne, but never chicken. I’m going to have to give this one a go.
Thanks! The chicken is really great. Sometimes I will roast a few chicken breasts early in the week and use the shredded meat from that.