The Best Garlic Bread In Air Fryer
Apr 30, 2021, Updated May 24, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air fryer garlic bread can be made in minutes and is a great side dish to many meals. Make it homemade and fresh with a few simple ingredients or cook premade frozen bread.
The air fryer comes in handy for making food that is quick and delicious. Some of the most popular air fryer recipes on this site are the air fryer Texas toast recipe and grilled cheese recipe so I thought I would share a more traditional garlic bread recipe.
Bread – Use either French or Italian bread
Butter – Feel free to use salted or unsalted. I prefer using unsalted that way I can control the amount of sodium. You will want to make sure the butter is softened to make it easier to mix and spread on the bread.
Garlic – The amount can be adjusted according to tasted but I have found that about 3 cloves works well. If you are using jarred chopped garlic, 2-3 teaspoons will work.
Herbs – This is optional but I like to add a little fresh or dried parsley. You could also substitute with chives.
How to make garlic bread in the air fryer
Scroll to the bottom for complete recipe instructions and video.
Making garlic bread from scratch is so easy you will not want store bought again after making this recipe.
- Cut bread loaf into thirds or fourths depending on size and then cut in half.
- Add butter, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper to a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together until combined. I find using the back of a fork helps to blend everything together.
- Spread the butter mixture on each piece of bread.
- Place bread, butter side up in air fryer basket. Cook at 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes or until desired crustiness.
- I find using a serrated knife helps to make cutting the bread easier.
- Use fresh butter or even olive oil.
- Make sure not to overlap bread in the basket. I can usually fit about 2 pieces at a time in my air fryer.
- Air fryers can cook a little different so be sure to check your bread to make sure it doesn’t burn.
What to serve with air fryer garlic bread
How to make frozen garlic bread in air fryer
Homemade garlic bread can be made in about 5 minutes but I understand sometimes when you are in a hurry, frozen is a quick and easy alternative. To make frozen garlic bread in the air fryer:
- Place the frozen bread in the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for 5-6 minutes or until heated through. If it has cheese, you might need to add an extra 1-2 minutes.
Can you freeze garlic bread?
Yes you can! Make according to directions and then let it cool. Wrap with plastic wrap and then foil and freeze. When ready to eat, let it thaw in refrigerator and then cook in air fryer at 350 for 3-4 minutes.
More easy air fryer recipes
- Air fryer quesadillas
- Air fryer frozen pretzels
- Air fryer frozen chicken patties
- Air fryer egg rolls
- Air fryer BBQ chicken
Let me know if you make this recipe in the comments below. Enjoy!
Garlic Bread In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 1 loaf bread Italian or French
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped Use 1/4 teaspoon if using dried parsley.
- Cut bread loaf into thirds or fourths. Slice each section in half.
- Place softened butter, chopped garlic, parsley, salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients until combined. Spread butter mixture on each piece of bread.
- Place bread in the air fryer basket, butter side up.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Check to see if any additional time is needed. If so, add 1-2 minutes or until it reaches desired crustiness.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.