Easy Seasoned Oyster Crackers Recipe
Dec 05, 2023, Updated Jan 12, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Seasoned oyster crackers, or ranch oyster crackers, are a delightful, easy snack recipe packed full of flavor. This simple recipe makes a delicious snack that can be made with just a few simple ingredients.
If you are looking for a simple and tasty snack, these ranch oyster crackers are just what you need. Similar to these other seasoned crackers except these are bite-sized.
Perfect for a fun snack or even appetizer, these oyster crackers always go fast.
Table of Contents
What are oyster crackers
These small crackers are similar in taste to salted crackers like Saltines crackers.
- Oyster crackers – You can find these in the cracker section of the grocery store.
- Butter – Unsalted melted butter is used to coat the crackers. I like using butter because it adds a nice rich flavor. You can substitute with 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
- Ranch seasonings – Use a packet of ranch seasoning or homemade ranch seasoning.
- Lemon pepper – This adds a bright flavor.
- Garlic powder – A little garlic flavor amps of the flavor.
- Dill – Dried dill weed adds a wonderful flavor to the mix.
How to make seasoned oyster crackers
Step one: Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Step two: In a bowl, stir together the melted butter, ranch seasoning, lemon pepper, dill, and garlic powder.
Step three: Add the oyster crackers into a large bowl. Pour the melted butter mixture over the crackers. Toss to fully coat the crackers.
Step four: Spread the crackers out on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, Stirring halfway through baking.
How to store ranch oyster crackers
Store: Keep any leftover crackers in an airtight container for up to a week.
Oil – You can substitute the melted butter with 1/4 cup vegetable oil or olive oil.
Old Bay Seasoning – Try using Old Bay for a delicious flavor that pairs great with seafood.
Taco Seasoning – Give the snack mix a Tex-Mex flavor by substituting with 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning.
Spicy – Make spicy ranch oyster crackers by adding a pinch of cayenne pepper or 1/2 tablespoon of red pepper flakes to the mixture.
Did you make this savory snack? Let me know in the comments.
How to serve
These little crackers are great for a snack but you can also serve them with your favorite soups, or on a salad as croutons.
More easy snack recipes
- Edamame is a healthy snack that can be made in minutes with your air fryer.
- Sweet Chex mix is the perfect mix of sweet and salty.
- Air fryer Chex mix is a savory party snack that can be made in the air fryer.
- Ranch pretzels combines ranch seasoning with pretzels.
Seasoned Oyster Crackers Recipe
- 1 9 ounce bag oyster crackers
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1 ounce ranch seasoning packet
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, stir together the melted butter, ranch seasoning, lemon pepper, dill, and garlic powder.
- Add the oyster crackers into a large bowl. Pour the melted butter mixture over the crackers. Toss to fully coat the crackers.
- Spread the crackers out on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, Stirring halfway through baking.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.