Dark chocolate and raspberry, oh how I love this match made in food heaven. There is really not much else to say other than these sweet little chocolate and raspberry truffles are the perfect bite. They would make a great valentine gift for someone special. “Are you listening Jay?”
Start by melting the chocolate and cream together on low heat. I used dark chocolate chips but you can also chop up a brick of dark chocolate if you prefer.
Use a Wilton 1 M star tip. This is the large star tip you can easily find at craft stores. I used a pastry bag but if you don’t have one, just cut a small corner off of a Ziploc bag and that will work fine.
This recipe calls for raspberry liqueur but you could substitute hazelnut liqueur or even coffee liqueur. If you would like to make them more kid friendly, use milk in place of the alcohol.
- 8 oz dark chocolate, chopped or dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur or milk
- 10 raspberries
- Cook dark chocolate and whipping cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Place chocolate mixture in a small mixing bowl. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Add liqueur to chocolate mixture.
- Beat with electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Place mixture in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Pipe into 2-inch mounds onto baking sheet.
- Top each with raspberry.
- Chill for 1-24 hours.