Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
Feb 11, 2020, Updated Oct 29, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Chocolate Raspberry Truffles are sure to impress! They are rich, creamy and beautiful. Forget spending money when you can make them at home.
Dark chocolate and raspberry, oh how I love this match made in food heaven. There is really not much else to say other than these sweet little chocolate and raspberry truffles are the perfect bite. They would make a great valentine gift for someone special. “Are you listening Jay?”
WHY IS IT CALLED A TRUFFLE?
This chocolate dessert originated in France in the 1800’s. The classic truffle is a ball of chocolate ganache rolled in cocoa. They got the name “truffle” because they look like the truffle mushroom.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
Scroll down to find the full printable recipe and list of ingredients.
- Start by melting the chocolate and cream together on low heat. I used dark chocolate chips but you can also chop up a brick of dark chocolate if you prefer.
- Use a Wilton 1 M star tip. This is the large star tip you can easily find at craft stores. I used a pastry bag but if you don’t have one, just cut a small corner off of a Ziploc bag and that will work fine.
- This recipe calls for raspberry liqueur but you could substitute hazelnut liqueur or even coffee liqueur. If you would like to make them more kid friendly, use milk in place of the alcohol.
TIPS FOR DELICIOUS TRUFFLES
- Make sure to use small size chocolate pieces, either chips or broken up chocolate.
- Be sure to melt chocolate over low heat, you don’t want it to burn.
BEST CHOCOLATE FOR TRUFFLES
I love dark chocolate for these but semi-sweet chocolate would also work well. Since the star of this dessert is the chocolate, I also recommend using high quality like Ghirardelli, Valrhona or Guittard.
DO THEY NEED TO BE STORED IN THE REFRIGERATOR?
Yes. Since we are using fresh cream to make these confections, they need to be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator. I would recommend letting them sit out at room temperature for one hour before you eat them so that they will be nice and creamy.
HOW LONG DO CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES LAST?
They can last a couple of weeks in the refrigerator although they never last that long in our house. You can also store these in the freezer for 2-3 months. When you are ready to serve, thaw in the refrigerator and then let sit out at room temperature.
These chocolate raspberry truffles make a beautiful gifts and make a wonderful addition to any party.
More Delicious Chocolate Desserts
- German Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Cake
- Better Than Anything Cake
- Robert Redford Dessert
***If you made this recipe, please be sure to give it a star rating below.
Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
- 8 oz dark chocolate chopped or dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur or milk
- 10 raspberries
- Cook dark chocolate and whipping cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Place chocolate mixture in a small mixing bowl. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Add liqueur to chocolate mixture.
- Beat with electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Place mixture in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Pipe into 2-inch mounds onto baking sheet.
- Top each with raspberry.
- Chill for 1-24 hours.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.