Make your steak taste just like Texas Roadhouse with this copycat Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning recipe. Keep reading for tips and tricks for making this spice rub and how to cook the perfect steak.
What’s Great About this Texas Roadhouse Steak Recipe?
Texas Roadhouse is a steakhouse restaurant based in United States that is probably best known for their exceptional steaks. Their menu also includes favorites like rolls with cinnamon butter, seasoned rice and chili.
Texas Roadhouse Steak Rub Ingredients
- Salt – Use a coarse salt like Kosher salt or Himalayan sea salt.
- Ground black pepper
- Brown sugar – Adds a nice balance of flavor.
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
- Turmeric – This gives the rub a wonderful flavor that really ties everything together.
What Are the Best Cuts of Steak?
For the best tasting, juicy steak, choose high quality meat like Choice or Prime grade. Here are some of the best cuts of of beef for steak: New York Strip, Filet Mignon, Ribeye, T-Bone, Sirloin, Delmonico and Porterhouse.
Some select Texas Roadhouse restaurants also sell uncooked steaks for you to cook at home.
How To Make Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning
- Making this steak rub just requires mixing the seasonings together. Simply add all of the ingredients to a bowl and stir together until combined. This recipe it good for one large steak. Double the recipe if you are making two or more steaks.
- If you have leftover spice mix, store in an airtight container or jar in a cool dry place. The spice mix should last 6-9 months.
- This seasoning mix also tastes great on burgers, chicken, pork and vegetables.
How To Season a Texas Roadhouse Steak
Here are a few tips for seasoning a steak so that it turns out delicious every time.
One of the first tips is to be very generous with the seasoning. You want to make sure to coat the steak top, bottom and on the sides. Sprinkle the seasoning on and then use your fingers to rub it on.
Once it’s seasoned, let it sit out for about 30 minutes. You can also season the steak and then let it sit in the refrigerator if you won’t be making it right away. Once ready to prepare, take it out and let it sit at room temperature 30 minutes before cooking.
Tips for Copycat Texas Roadhouse Steaks
Steak can be cooked on the grill, on a flat top griddle or in the oven. Each steak will have a slightly different cooking time that will depend on the thickness. Using a meat thermometer is your best bet for achieving the perfectly cooked steak.
Texas Roadhouse Seasoning FAQ
The key to making the steak tender is to let it rest after seasoning the steak. This lets the seasoning penetrate into the steak which helps to break down the muscle fibers. Let is rest for at least 30 minutes.
They then place a little butter on a flat griddle or pan and sear the steak for 1 minute on each side for caramelization. You can then either continue to cook on the pan or transfer to a grill to finish off the cooking process.
Let the steak rest for 5 minutes after cooking. This is an important step to let the juices settle through the meat.
How To Serve this Texas Roadhouse Steak Recipe
There are many side dishes that pair well with a delicious steak. Here are a few favorites:
Texas Roadhouse Seasoning FAQ
Texas Roadhouse uses USDA Choice Steaks. They offer a variety of different cuts at the restaurant including sirloin, New York strip, porterhouse, filet medallions, filet, T-bone, and ribeye.
More copycat restaurant recipes
- Wingstop fries
- Wingstop Louisiana rub
- Wingstop ranch
- Taco Bell quesadilla
- Taco Bell quesadilla sauce
Texas Roadhouse Seasoning for Steak
- 2 teaspoons course salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Add the salt, pepper, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder and turmeric to a bowl. Stir until spices are combined.
- When ready to cook, season the steak and let sit out for 30 minutes. Cook using your favorite method.