Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
Apr 13, 2020, Updated Feb 24, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air fryer steak fajitas are a quick and delicious meal. This recipe can be made in less than 15 minutes and has minimal cleanup.
Steak in the air fryer is so good! It turns out juicy and cooks very quickly.
This can also be a wonderful meal choice for a low-carb and Keto friendly dinner.
Why this recipe works
- Easy to make and simple clean-up. Adding foil to the cooking basket helps to keep the air fryer clean.
- Very customizable. Make it your own with your favorite toppings.
- Make a little extra for meal prep for the week.
What you need
Just need a few simple ingredients for this base recipe. Feel free to add and change ingredients according to your taste.
- Steak – Sirloin, flank, and skirt steak are great choices for this meal. Make sure to slice the steak thin and against the grain. Skirt steak would be the number one choice because it’s very tender and flavorful.
- Bell peppers – Choose your favorite bell peppers. I like red and green peppers for this recipe to add color.
- Onions – Yellow or white onions work well. Slice them and then cut slices in half.
- Spices – This recipe has a homemade fajita spice mix. Feel free to use a packaged spice mix or even a marinade if you have extra time.
- Vegetable or olive oil – This helps to disperse the spices on the meat and veggies.
Questions on how long to cook steak in the air fryer? Check out this cooking time and temperature printable.
How to make
Scroll down for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Start by adding vegetable oil to a large bowl. Stir in the spices.
- Add in sliced peppers, onions, and steak. Stir to make sure everything is coated in the oil.
- Line the air fryer cooking basket with foil. Pour meat and vegetables into the basket.
- Cook at 390 degrees F for 5 minutes. Check the steak. If you would like it cooked more, add 1-2 more minutes to the cook time.
How to serve
These fajitas are delicious in a flour or corn tortilla, on a salad, nachos, or over rice. You could even serve over a baked potato or pasta.
Fajita topping ideas: diced avocados, sour cream, cheese, salsa, jalapenos, beans, and more.
- Be sure to slice veggies and steak thin so they cook evenly. Cooking time may vary between air fryers and how thick the steak is cut.
- You could substitute chicken for steak, just adjust the cooking time to 7 minutes.
How to store leftover steak fajitas
Store – Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in a skillet or back in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
More air fryer recipes
We love cooking in our air fryer. It cooks fast and is so easy to clean. Here are a few recipes for you to try:
- Hamburgers are juice and can be made quickly.
- Turkey meatballs are great to make ahead for meal prepping.
- Rotisserie chicken can be made at home and used for many different recipes.
- Pork loin is a quick weeknight meal.
- Nachos are loaded with beef, beans, and your favorite toppings.
Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
- 1 lb skirt, flank or sirloin steak sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour oil into large bowl. Mix in spices.
- Add sliced meat and vegetables and mix to coat with spices.
- Line air fryer basket with foil. Pour meat mixture on foil.
- Cook at 390 degrees F for 5 minutes. Check meat. If you would like meat to be more done, cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.