Air Fryer Steak Fajitas are a quick and delicious meal. Can be made in less than 15 minutes and with minimal cleanup.
Steak in the air fryer is so good! It turns out juicy and cooks quickly.
This can also be a wonderful meal choice for a low-carb and Keto friendly dinner.
Why this recipe works
- Easy to make and easy cleanup. Adding foil to the cooking basket helps to keep it clean.
- Very customizable. Make it your own with your favorite toppings.
- Make a little extra for meal prep for the week.
What you need
Just need a few simple ingredients for this base recipe. Feel free to add and change according to your taste.
Steak – Sirloin, flank and skirt steak are great choices for this meal. Make sure to slice thin and against the grain. Skirt steak would be the number one choice because it’s very tender and flavorful.
Bell Peppers – Choose your favorite bell peppers. I like red and green for this recipe to add color.
Onions – Yellow or white work well. Slice them and then cut slices in half.
Spices – This recipe has a homemade fajita spice mix. Feel free to use a packaged spice mix or even a marinade if you have extra time.
Vegetable or Olive Oil – This helps to disperse the spices on the meat and veggies.
Sometimes I will also include sliced mushrooms in the mixture.
Questions on how long to cook? Check out this cooking time and temperature printable.
How to make
Scroll down for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Start by adding vegetable oil to a large bowl. Stir in spices.
- Add in sliced peppers, onions and sliced steak. Stir and make sure every thing is coated.
- Line cooking basket with foil. Pour meat and vegetables in basket.
- Cook at 390 degrees F for 5 minutes. Check the meat. If you would like it cooked more, add about 1-2 more minutes.
How to serve
These fajitas are delicious in a flour or corn tortilla, on a salad, nachos or over rice.
Possible toppings to try: diced avocado, sour cream, cheese, salsa, jalapenos, beans and more.
- Be sure to slice veggies and steak thin so they cook easily. **Cooking time may vary between air fryers and how thick the meat is cut.
- You could substitute chicken for steak just adjust cooking time to about 7 minutes for thin sliced meat.
- Store leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in a skillet or back in the air fryer for about 2-3 minutes.
What air fryer to use?
Currently I use a 5.8 quart Corsi. We have a family of 5 and the size and functionality work well.
More air fryer recipes
We love cooking in our air fryer. It cooks fast and is so easy to clean. Here are a few recipes for you to try.
- Hamburgers are juicy and can be made quickly.
- Turkey Meatballs are great to make ahead for meal prepping.
- Rotisserie Chicken and be made at home and used for many different recipes.
- Onion Rings are a crispy and tasty side dish.
- Honey Mustard Pork chops cook extremely fast and make a great weeknight meal.
***If you made this recipe please feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
- 1 lb skirt, flank or sirloin steak sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour oil into large bowl. Mix in spices.
- Add sliced meat and vegetables and mix to coat with spices.
- Line air fryer basket with foil. Pour meat mixture on foil.
- Cook at 390 degrees F for 5 minutes. Check meat. If you would like meat to be more done, cook for another 1-2 minutes.