Air Fryer Shrimp and Sausage
Apr 20, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Air Fryer Shrimp meal can be made in less than 30 minutes. It’s filled with seasoned shrimp, sausage and vegetables.
There are some nights when I don’t feel like making a complicated meal or having a bunch of pots and pans to clean up.
That’s why I love this easy dinner! Six ingredients and under 30 minutes with very minimal cleaning.
What you need
Shrimp – I used frozen medium sized shrimp that I thawed in the refrigerator. Any size shrimp will work it will just effect the cook time. Small shrimp cook about 6 minutes, extra large shrimp around 10 minutes.
Also, make sure that they are peeled and deveined. It’s fine if they still have the tails on.
Sausage – Use sausage that has already been cooked like kielbasa.
Bell Peppers – These add crunch and color.
Corn – Cut the corn cob into 1-inch rounds. This helps them cook faster and makes them easy to eat.
Old Bay Seasoning – This adds great flavor to the meal. You could also use your favorite Cajun seasoning.
How to make air fryer shrimp
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl and sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning. Stir to coat the shrimp.
- Add in sliced sausage, peppers, corn and olive oil. Toss to make sure everything is coated.
- Pour half of the mixture into basket and cook at 400 degrees for 4 minutes. Remove basket and shake or toss, cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Set cooked food aside and cook the remaining shrimp mixture 400 degrees F for total of 8 minutes.
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel to help prevent them from being soggy.
- Cook in two batches. You don’t want to overcrowd the basket so that everything gets cooked evenly.
Variations of this recipe
This is a simple meal and can be changed according to what ingredients you might have available. Here are a few other additions or substitutions that would work well.
- If you are a vegetable lover, try adding mushrooms, chopped asparagus or squash and zucchini.
- Like a little extra spice, substitute Cajun seasoning for the Old Bay.
- Add some small quartered potatoes for a classic shrimp boil.
How to serve
There are several ways to serve this dish. Try over rice, cauliflower rice or pasta. We also like using it as a filling in a tortilla for tacos.
We typically serve by itself along with some crusty bread.
How long does the shrimp and sausage last?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last for 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer, skillet or oven.
How is air frying different than the oven?
Conventional ovens disperse heat slowly through the oven via a heating element. You can make this recipe in the oven, just pour everything onto a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Air fryers heat up much more quickly and circulate the hot air using rapid air technology. I also love how easy they are to clean.
Download this printable time and temperature sheet for quick reference.
Best air fryer
There are many great options available. I use this Corsi 5.8 quart and it works wonderful for our family of 5.
I have also heard great things about this Instant Vortex 6 quart.
More air fryer recipes
- Steak fajitas – Tender steak with vegetables and a spice mix cooked to perfection.
- Fish Sticks – Can be made quick and easy. Always nice and crunchy.
- Honey Mustard Pork Chop – Pork chops with honey mustard sauce make a quick weeknight meal.
- Cheeseburgers – Cook up quick and always a big hit.
- Rotisserie Chicken – Easy to make at home and use for different recipes.
***If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and rating below.
Air Fryer Shrimp and Sausage
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 6 oz kielbasa sausage, sliced into rounds pork, beef or chicken
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cobs corn, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Place shrimp in a large bowl. Add Old Bay Seasoning on top of shrimp.
- Add in peppers, corn, sausage and olive oil. Stir to coat.
- Pour half of the mixture into air fryer basket. Set temperature for 400 degrees F for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, shake the basket and then cook another 4 minutes.
- Pour cooked food onto plate and finish cooking the remainder of shrimp mixture. 400 degrees F for a total of 8 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.