Sweet Potato Fries Dipping Sauce
Jul 05, 2022, Updated Mar 08, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This sweet potato fries dipping sauce is simple to make and will add extra flavor to your sweet potato fries. Creamy, smoky, and sweet, this sauce is good on just about anything.
Crispy sweet potato fries are a regular side dish in our house but what takes them to the next level is this flavorful sauce. We love making this sweet potatoe fry dip because it:
- Adds a punch of extra flavor.
- Fast and easy. Just 5 simple ingredients.
- Can be stored and used throughout the week.
What is fry sauce?
Fry sauce was made popular in Utah, Idaho, and even some areas in Oregon. The simple recipe is basically mixing together mayonnaise and ketchup to make a pink colored sauce. There are many versions of this recipe, we love making this particular one to use as a sweet potato fry dip.
Mayonnaise – Use your favorite mayonnaise or Miracle Whip.
Chili Sauce – Chili sauce adds great flavor to the sauce. You can find chili sauce in the condiment aisle, usually close to the ketchup. I like using the Heinz chili sauce but you could substitute with sriracha if you want added spice.
If you don’t like chili sauce, substitute with ketchup.
Pickle Juice – This adds a little extra punch of tang. You can scoop a few teaspoons out of your pickle jar to mix in the sauce.
Paprika and Ground Black Pepper – Simple seasoning for the sauce.
How to make sweet potato fries dipping sauce
Step one: Place mayonnaise, chili sauce, pickle juice, paprika, and ground black pepper in a small bowl.
Step two: Stir the ingredients until completely combine.
Base – If you don’t like mayonnaise, try substitute with sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.
Spices – Like a little added heat? Try mixing in a pinch of cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, or even Cajun seasoning. You could also try adding a little garlic powder for a stronger garlic flavor.
Juice – The pickle juice is optional. You could try substituting with a teaspoon of lemon juice, vinegar, or even a little horseradish.
How to serve
You don’t have to serve this fry sauce with just sweet potato french fries. It goes will with many dishes like:
- Sweet potato wedges
- French Fries
- Drizzled over vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower.
- On hamburgers or wraps.
How to store
Store this sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last for a week in the refrigerator. Make sure to give it a stir before serving.
This sauce does not freeze well because the mayonnaise will separate.
More great sweet potato fry sauces
- Zesty sauce – A Burger King copycat recipe.
- Boom boom sauce – This is a favorite dipping sauce that can be found at Sheetz gas stations.
- Copycat Red Robin Campfire sauce – Creamy, delicious sauce made famous at Red Robin.
- Seasoned sour cream – Another amazing sauce that is a copycat recipe from Champps restaurant.
Did you try this dip? Let me know in the comments below and feel free to give it a star rating.
Sweet Potato Fries Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Combine mayonnaise, chili sauce, pickle juice, ground black pepper, and paprika in a bowl.
- Stir to combine and then serve or store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.