Making a frozen burrito in the air fryer is so easy. Frozen burritos can be cooked in about 15 minutes using the air fryer. Great for a super simple, individual or family meal.
There are so many frozen foods that can be cooked in the air fryer. Some favorites are frozen taquitos, frozen pretzels, and frozen turkey burgers. Air fryers cook faster than an oven and the texture of the food turns out so much better than a microwave. You really can’t go wrong with this kitchen appliance.
Why these work
Fast – These frozen burritos are cooked straight from frozen in about 15 minutes.
Delicious – Nice and crispy on the outside with a hot, tasty center.
Convenient – Cook straight out of the freezer for an easy, family friendly meal.
How to make frozen burritos in air fryer
All you need for this budget friendly recipe is your favorite frozen burrito and an air fryer. No extra oil is needed.
- Remove the burritos from packaging. Cook as many as you like, just be sure not to stack them in the air fryer basket.
- Place burritos in the basket and cook at 390 degrees for a total of 12-15 minutes. I recommend flipping them half way through the cooking process for a nice, even cook. If you are cooking only one burrito, the cooking time will be closer to 11-12 minutes They will be cooked through once the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Don’t stack burritos in the air fryer basket. The hot air needs to be able to circulate around the food for even cooking.
- Cooking time may vary depending on the type of frozen burrito you are cooking and your air fryer. Be careful not to overcook or the inside might start to leak out.
- These don’t need any extra oil.
- If you prefer a softer tortilla, wrap the burritos in foil before cooking and cook for a total of 20 minutes. This will keep the tortilla softer and not crisp.
- If you prefer an even crispier tortilla, you can lightly spray the outside with olive oil before cooking.
- You will know the burrito is cooked once the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
What to serve with burritos
Burritos are great on their own but serving them with a side dish or dip can make a delicious, complete meal. Some tasty sides to try are:
How to store and reheat
Store: If you can’t finish your burrito or you made one too many, they can be stored in the refrigerator for about 3 days. Let them completely cool and then wrap in foil or store in an airtight container.
Reheat: You can reheat burritos in the air fryer at 390 degrees for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
More air fryer frozen foods
- Air fryer frozen okra
- Air fryer frozen pierogies
- Air fryer frozen bagel bites
- Air fryer frozen jalapeno poppers
Want more air fryer recipes? Join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Facebook group.
Frozen Burrito In Air Fryer
- 2 frozen burritos You can cook more or less if you prefer.
- Unwrap frozen burritos and place in air fryer basket.
- Cook at 390 degrees F for a total of 12-15 minutes. Flip halfway through cook time.
- Carefully remove and serve hot.