Easy mini crab cakes are a delicious appetizer that will impress your guests. Great for entertaining or even served for dinner.
When I had the opportunity to work with Gloria Ferrer, I knew these mini crab cakes would be perfect to pair with their elegant and sophisticated wines. The lightly fried, saltiness of the crab cakes paired with the fruit-forward taste of Gloria Ferrer is a match made in food heaven.
Sparkling wines pair beautifully with seafood and are a great match for any occasion. Gloria Ferrer wines are social, elegant, fun and are a wonderful, versatile match for many different types of cuisines.
Gloria Ferrer is California’s most awarded sparkling wine house. Gloria Ferrer Caves and Vineyards is Carneros’ original sparkling wine house owned and founded by the Ferrer family of Spain. The winery opened in 1986 in Sonoma County, California. They have received over 500 gold medals and 50 90+ ratings in the last 5 years. It’s easy to taste why once you have taken a sip.
How to make easy mini crab cakes:
To make these easy mini crab cakes start by combining crabmeat, Panko bread crumbs, eggs, onion, pepper, mustard, seasonings and salt. Refrigerate for at least one hour or until the mixture has firmed. Shape the mixture into small cakes and then coat the outside with more bread crumbs.
Heat oil in a skillet and then cook the crab cakes on each side until golden brown. Serve them warm with remoulade sauce and a chilled glass of your favorite Gloria Ferrer sparkling wine.
Sparkling Wine Food Pairing Suggestions
Blanc De Noirs: Gloria Ferrer Blanc De Noirs offers strawberry and black cherry aromas with subtle vanilla highlights. This sparkling wine pairs nicely with crab, Thai cuisine, roast pork or semi-sweet desserts.
Sonoma Brut: This sparkling wine has delicate pear and floral notes backed by toasty almond. It is an extremely versatile wine that is delicious with shellfish, crab, roast chicken and sushi.
Looking for more appetizers?
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Stuffing Stuffed Mushrooms
- Honey and Cinnamon Whipped Goat Cheese with Fig Jam
- Summer Cheese Board
Easy Mini Crab Cakes
Mini Crab Cakes
- 16 oz crabmeat
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- 3/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp seafood seasoning
- 1/8 tsp salt
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 tbls prepared horseradish
- 1 tbls Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbls lemon juice
- 1 tsp hot sauce use less for less heat
- In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs, eggs, red pepper, onions, mustard and seafood seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or until mixture becomes firm.
- Shape mixture into small cakes.
- Coat with remaining Panko bread crumbs.
- Add vegetable oil, about 1/3 inch depth, to a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Fry crab cakes on each side for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess grease. Serve warm.
- For the sauce, mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.