Shrimp Dip is an easy and flavorful appetizer perfect for any gathering, especially during the holidays.
This post has been updated February 26, 2020.
The holidays are right around the corner and that means festivities and food. Having go-to, easy to make appetizers like this hot shrimp scampi dip, is key when I know we will be entertaining guests.
During the holiday season we enjoy having people over to decorate cookies, watch Christmas movies and just celebrate the season. I always make sure to have food to nimble on while we are together. This shrimp dip is one of my favorites to serve and is always a huge hit!
Gorton’s Simply Bake Shrimp, Classic Scampi makes this appetizer so easy to put together. The shrimp is baked in a creamy garlic butter sauce that adds so much delicious flavor to this dip. Simply place the bag on a baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes. The scampi comes out amazing every time!
How to Make Shrimp Dip With Cream Cheese
Scroll to the bottom of the page for a full, printable recipe and ingredients list.
Making this dip only requires a few ingredients. I use a frozen scampi that has perfectly seasoned scampi sauce is baked in the bag with the shrimp. This means I don’t need to worry about extra ingredients or extra cleanup.
- Start by cooking the Gorton’s Simply Bake Shrimp in the oven according to directions. Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, cheeses and diced red pepper.
- Once the shrimp is baked, pour the contents of the package into the cheese mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread in a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
What to Serve with this Dip
I like serving this appetizer with toasted baguette slices, crackers, or cut up vegetables.
I have even been known to just eat it with a spoon when no one is looking. For some added color I also like to lightly sprinkle chopped fresh parsley on top.
If you enjoy shrimp scampi, you will love this dip!
Tips for Making Shrimp Scampi Dip
- Let the cream cheese soften at room temperature. It makes it easier to mix the ingredients together.
- While the shrimp is baking, mix all of the other ingredients together.
- Stir in the shrimp scampi last.
How Long Does This Shrimp Dip Last?
Since this dip is baked, you want to allow it to completely cool and then store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. It will last about 2 days.
To reheat, place in a baking dish and reheat at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes.
More Delicious Appetizers
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts – Crunchy water chestnuts wrapped in bacon covered in a delicious sauce.
- Beer Cheese Sausage Dip – One of our favorite dips. Crumbled sausage mixed with warm beer cheese.
- Roast Beef Roll-Ups – Perfect for parties. Roastbeef, cheese and sauce rolled up in tortilla.
- Vegetable Pinwheels – Beautiful crunchy veggies rolled up in ranch cream cheese.
Your guests will love this rich and delicious shrimp dip and you will love how easy it is to make.
If you make this dip please let me know in the comments.
- 1 box Gorton's Simply Baked Shrimp, Shrimp Scampi
- 1 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place Gorton's Baked Shrimp Scampi bag on a baking sheet and bake according to directions.
- In a large bowl, beat together softened cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise. Stir in mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, red pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Once shrimp is cooked, add it into the cheese mixture and stir.
- Spread mixture into baking dish and bake for approximately 20 minutes.