Remoulade Sauce Recipe
Jan 25, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Tangy, creamy, spicy, this homemade remoulade sauce recipe is easy to make and packed full of flavor. Similar to tartar sauce, great for seafood, sandwiches, and more. This remoulade sauce will add a flavorful kick to any dish.
Table of Contents
Remoulade sauce is perfect to use as a dip for things like shrimp, onion rings, or fries. It’s also great to spread on a delicious sandwich.
If you like sauces with a spicy kick, be sure to try this copycat Mardi Gras mustard sauce.
What is remoulade sauce?
Remoulade is a delicious sauce that is mayonnaise based. A classic French sauce, the state of Louisiana adapted the recipe and put a spicy twist on the sauce by adding Cajun spices, paprika, and mustard.
- Mustard – Creole mustard works great in this sauce recipe. If you don’t have creole mustard, substitute with a whole grain mustard or brown mustard.
- Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise is the base for this sauce Louisiana style remoulade.
- Horseradish – Prepared horseradish adds heat.
- Pickle juice – This adds a nice tang to the sauce. You can use dill pickle juice or sweet pickle juice.
- Hot Sauce – Adds another layer of spice. Adjust the amount of hot sauce to your taste preference.
- Garlic – Minced garlic gives this extra flavor.
- Paprika – Use smoked or sweet paprika.
- Creole seasoning – You can typically find Creole or Cajun seasoning blends in the spice aisle.
- Parsley – Fresh parsley adds a little color and freshness.
How to make this Louisiana style remoulade sauce recipe
For the full remoulade recipe and video scroll to the bottom.
Step one: Place the mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, hot sauce, horseradish, pickle juice, paprika, Creole seasoning, and parsley in a bowl.
Step two: Stir to fully combine the ingredients. Cover the bowl and store in the refrigerator to let the flavors come together.
How to serve remoulade sauce
This sauce is seriously good on just about anything. Some of our favorite ways include:
- As a dipping sauce for fried shrimp, fish sticks, or hush puppies.
- Crab cakes
- As a sauce for chicken croquettes
- On Po’ Boy sandwiches
- Fried green tomatoes
- Chicken wings
More homemade sauces
Did you make this Louisiana-style remoulade? Let me know in the comments.
Remoulade Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard or brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 splashes hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.