Pumpkin Pie Spice
Sep 01, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Homemade pumpkin pie spice is simple to make at home is great to use for many different recipes. This blend of warm spices really brings out all the wonderful fall flavors.
Fall and winter are my favorite times or year to be in the kitchen baking. The house just fills with so many amazing smells.
I tend to use a hefty quantity of pumpkin pie spice during this time of year so instead of paying for a small little bottle I like to make my own. It’s so inexpensive and usually the spices needed are already in the cabinet.
What is pumpkin spice made of?
*** Some recipes also use ground cardamom. I don’t feel it’s necessary but if you like extra spice, add about 1/2 teaspoon to the mix.
How to make homemade pumpkin pie spice
Scroll to the bottom for full, printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Stir: Place all of the spices in a bowl and stir them together to combine.
- Store: Store the spices in an airtight container.
How to store
Store: Keep the homemade spice mix in an airtight container or jar with lid. Store in a cool, dark place to keep the spices fresh. This mix should last about one year if you started with fresh spices.
- When making homemade seasoning mixes, try to fresh spices. You can check out the date on the container before mixing.
- This pumpkin pie spice recipe makes a great gift. I love giving a jar to my friends and neighbors for the fall.
- The wonderful thing about making your own blends is that you control the ingredients. You can adjust the amount of each ingredient to your taste.
- This recipe makes 5 tablespoons. Feel free to cut the recipe in half or double depending on how much you need.
What is similar to pumpkin pie spice?
Apple pie spice mix can be used as a substitute for pumpkin pie spice if needed. It’s ingredients are very similar except it doesn’t have ginger.
What can I make with pumpkin pie spice?
Here are a few of our favorite pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin dip – Easy to make, creamy dip that uses pumpkin spice mix.
- Pumpkin magic bars – Layered dessert bars with chocolate chips, coconut, pumpkin and more.
- Pumpkin cheesecake bars – The best pumpkin cheesecake bar recipe.
- Pumpkin chocolate chip bars – Pumpkin cookie bars with chocolate chips.
- Crustless pumpkin cheesecake – Easy to make pumpkin cheesecake without having to make a crust.
*** If you made this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground clove
- Place all of the spices in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Store in an airtight container when not using.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.