Pumpkin Dip is smooth, creamy and downright delicious! Tastes like pumpkin pie in a bowl. This treat is great to serve as a sweet appetizer or dessert.
When I think of dips, I typically think savory like beer cheese and sausage dip or cheesy bacon artichoke dip. Sweet dips like caramel apple dip and this pumpkin pie dip for fruit and cookies are just as amazing and always a crowd pleaser. And of course you can’t go wrong when pumpkin is involved.
Why you will love this dessert pumpkin dip
- Easy to make and perfect for a last minute gathering.
- Delicious fall flavor.
- Works well for a dip, spread, or even sandwiched between 2 sugar cookies.
Pumpkin: Make sure to use 100% pure pumpkin, not canned pumpkin pie.
Cream Cheese: I use full fat but you could use the lower fat option.
Frozen Whipped Topping: I typically use Cool Whip.
Powdered Sugar: This adds a slight sweetness to the dip.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: Adds a wonderful fall flavor. Make your own pumpkin pie spice or prepackaged.
How to make pumpkin cream cheese dip
Scroll to the bottom for full, printable recipe, ingredients and video.
You won’t believe how easy this pumpkin dip with cream cheese is to make! If you are craving pumpkin pie but don’t feel like making a whole pie, this is a great alternative that can be made in minutes.
- Combine: Start by adding your ingredients to the mixing bowl. I would recommend beating the cream cheese first to get it nice and smooth.
- Fold: Once the pumpkin, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice and powdered sugar are mixed, fold in the frozen whipped topping with a spatula. Make sure to mix until blended.
- Cool: Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For creamy dip, make sure to let you cream cheese sit out at room temperature for about one hour.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, use cinnamon and nutmeg or even this apple pie spice.
- Make sure to store in the refrigerator when not eating.
How to serve pumpkin dip
I love bringing this dip to all of my fall gatherings. Here are a few great options to serve with the dip:
- Sugar cookies
- Ginger snaps
- Vanilla wafers
- A spoon
More pumpkin recipes
- Pumpkin Magic Bars – Layers of pumpkin, nuts, chocolate and more.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars – Creamy, delicious pumpkin cheesecake made into bars.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies – Brownie bites with a pumpkin cheesecake swirl.
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds – A tasty snack that can be made in the air fryer.
*** If you make this recipe, be sure to give it a star rating below.
- 1 can pure pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 8 oz tub Cool Whip
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until creamy.
- Mix in powdered sugar, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.