Pumpkin magic bars are a fall twist on the classic recipe. Using pumpkin, spices and of course chocolate chips, this dessert is so tasty!
Pumpkin magic bars are about to become your new favorite way to eat pumpkin along with these pumpkin cheesecake bars. Gooey bars filled with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and pumpkin!
Pumpkin Magic Bars Recipe
These pumpkin bars are very easy to make. Sometimes they can be called (Seven layer bars) but there are not quite seven layers in this recipe.
How To Make Magic Bars
- This recipe starts with butter pecan cake mix and butter. Make sure the butter is softened before you start to crumble it together with the cake mix.
- Press the cake mix and butter crumble into the bottom of a foil lined brownie pan to form a crust. Make sure to spray with non-stick spray before you make the crust.
- Next sprinkle on chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and sweetened coconut flakes.
- In a bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. Pour over top the chips and coconut. Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
Be sure to let the bars cool before lifting the foil out of the pan. Cut into squares and serve.
I love this version of magic bars, the pumpkin and pumpkin spice add great fall flavor. Let me know what you think in the comments and don’t forget to rate the recipe. Happy fall y’all!
More delicious fall desserts
Pumpkin Magic Bars
Pumpkin magic bars
- 1 box butter pecan cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 brownie pan with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Mix together cake mix and butter. Mixture will be crumbly. Pour mixture into pan and press down to form a crust.
Top with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and coconut.
In a bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree and spice. Pour over chips.
Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Don't like or can't find butter pecan cake mix? Use yellow or spice cake mix instead.