Sloppy Joe Mix is easier than you thing to make at home. With just a few ingredients, you can make the perfect comfort food for your family.
Sloppy Joe Mix
Making your own homemade sloppy Joe mix is as simple as looking in your spice cabinet. With just a few common spices, you can make your own delicious Joes without the can.
What spices are in Sloppy Joe mix?
- Chili Powder
- Dry Mustard
- Ground Cumin
- Garlic Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Minced Onion
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make Sloppy Joes
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl.
- Brown ground beef, turkey or chicken in a large skillet.
- Add a can of tomato sauce, beef broth and spice blend.
- Stir and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
There are so many good side dishes to serve with Sloppy Joes. My go-to is hash browns and a salad. Macaroni and cheese, french fries, hash brown casserole would work well too.
I also like using this meat mixture as taco filling, mixed with pasta topped with cheese or on slider buns. So many ways to eat sloppy Joes!!
Want more easy dinner recipes?
Sloppy Joe Mix
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 lb lean ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 1 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
For the spice blend, mix all of the spices together in a small bowl.
To make sloppy joes, cook ground meat in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned.
Add tomato sauce, beef broth and spice mixture. Stir together to mix.
Lower heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.