McDonald’s Breakfast Sauce Recipe
Oct 26, 2022, Updated Aug 31, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This McDonald’s breakfast sauce recipe is sure to take your breakfast sandwich to the next level with its incredible flavor. If you have been missing this sauce since it was taken off the McDonald’s menu, then you must try this simple recipe to make your own at home.
McDonald’s sauces can add lots of flavor to an otherwise ordinary meal. Their breakfast sauce has unfortunately been taken off the menu but was a favorite of mine and many customers.
Why you need to make this copycat McDonald’s breakfast sauce
- Taste: This creamy sauce tastes just like what used to be on the McDonald’s breakfast menu. It’s savory, sweet, and tangy all in one simple sauce.
- Simple: Can be made easily at home in minutes.
- Delicious: This sauce isn’t just for breakfast food. You can use it on so many things like this copycat McDonald’s steak, egg, and cheese bagel, breakfast sausage burrito, wraps, seafood, chicken, and more. It’s also perfect to use for dipping things like chicken tenders, onion rings, and fries.
Ingredients needed for breakfast sauce
Every wonder what McDonald’s breakfast sauce is made of? You might be surprised its made with just a few simple ingredients you might already have in your kitchen.
- Mayonnaise – You can use your favorite mayonnaise.
- Mustard – Yellow mustard is needed for this sauce recipe.
- Steak Sauce – I am using A1 steak sauce but use your favorite.
- Lemon Juice – This helps add a little acidity and tangy flavor to the sauce.
- Dried Dill Weed – Fresh dill can also be substituted for dried.
- Salt & Pepper – Sea salt and ground black pepper adds seasoning and flavor. Adjust the amount to taste.
How to make Copycat McDonald’s Breakfast Sauce Recipe
Step one: Place mayonnaise, mustard, steak sauce, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Stir well with a spoon or whisk to combine.
Step two: You can serve immediately or place it in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator to let the flavors come together.
Recipe tips and variations
Portions: This recipe makes about 1 cup. If you would like more for the week, you can easily double the recipe ingredients.
Mustard: If you like a punch of flavor, try substituting the yellow mustard with Dijon mustard.
Heat: Like spicy flavors? Try adding a splash of hot sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper to the mixture.
Chill: If you have time I would recommend letting the sauce chill in the refrigerator for a few hours. It really helps the flavors come together for the most flavorful sauce.
How to store
Store any leftover McDonald’s sauce in an airtight container like a jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
This sauce does not freeze well.
If you made this delicious sauce be sure to let me know in the comments.
More easy homemade sauces
- Copycat Burger King Zesty Sauce
- Duck Sauce
- Copycat Red Robin Campfire Sauce
- Arby’s Horsey Sauce
- Taco Bell Jalapeno Sauce
- Copycat McDonald’s Hot Mustard
McDonald’s Breakfast Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place mayonnaise, mustard, steak sauce, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bow.
- Stir with a spoon, fork, or whisk until well combined.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.