Air fryer roasted tomatoes make a delicious side dish or can be used for a variety of recipes like pasta, chicken and even pizza. These flavorful tomatoes can be made in about 10 minutes and are a great addition to a meal.
What makes these so good
Flavor: Talk about an explosion of flavor. Roasted tomatoes are not only beautiful, they are so delicious and full of fresh taste.
Easy: Tomatoes, oil and seasoning are the only ingredients needed to make these flavor bombs.
Fast: Roasting tomatoes in the air fryer takes just half the time it takes to roast them in the oven. Air fryer cooks in 10 minutes compared to 30 minutes in the oven.
Tomatoes – I like using cherry tomatoes but you could use Roma, grape or another variety. Be careful using watery tomatoes because they will fall apart easily.
Olive Oil – Used to coat the tomatoes and helps them roast. You can substitute with avocado oil, vegetable or canola oil.
Seasoning – For this recipe I am using classic salt and pepper but feel free to add a little dash of Italian seasoning for extra flavor.
How to make air fryer roasted tomatoes
This is such a simple recipe and only takes minutes. If using cherry or grape tomatoes, you can choose to roast them whole or cut in half.
- Clean and dry tomatoes then cut them in half. Place them in a bowl.
- Add in oil, salt and pepper. Toss to completely coat the tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes in air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook at 390 for 8-10 minutes.
- Carefully remove from basket and serve warm or cooled.
For easy clean-up, lay a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the air fryer basket to help catch any tomatoes juices and oil. This is a completely optional step.
Cooking time may vary depending on the type of tomato and air fryer you are using. I recommend checking on the tomatoes around the 5-7 minutes mark to see if they need to cook longer. 8 minutes is the time that works for me using a Cosori air fryer and cherry tomatoes.
This recipe is a simple version of roasted tomatoes. Try adding a few extra simple ingredients to change up the flavors.
Garlic: Toss the tomatoes in with a teaspoon of minced garlic before roasting.
Herbs: Toss with fresh herbs like basil or parsley.
Seasonings: Try adding Italian seasoning blend or dried thyme and dried basil.
How to serve roasted tomatoes
Roasted tomatoes can be used in a variety of ways. Serve them over your favorite pasta, soup or for a tomato sauce. Here are a few other suggestions:
- Serve them alongside a dish of scrambled eggs for a tasty breakfast.
- Serve them on top of this creamy pasta or pasta with green sauce.
- Put them on top of some garlic bread or grilled cheese sandwich.
- Serve on a salad or hummus.
- Topped with shaved Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
How to store
These tomatoes can be stored in a sealable container in the refrigerator. They will stay good for 4-5 days.
More air fryer vegetable recipes
- Air fryer spaghetti squash
- Air fryer baked potatoes
- Air fryer acorn squash
- Air fryer carrots
- Air fryer vegetables
- Air fryer cabbage
Air Fryer Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Clean and dry tomatoes.
- Cut tomatoes in half and then place in a bowl.
- Pour in olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to completely coat the tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes in air fryer basket in a single layer. Your might need to cook in batches depending on the size of the air fryer.
- Cook at 390 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.