It’s fast and easy to make roasted garlic in the air fryer. Roasted garlic can be used in a variety of recipes from mashed potatoes to onion dip. Find out tips and tricks for making air fryer roasted garlic in about 20 minutes.
Roasting garlic in the air fryer is also fast and is an easy way to add tons of flavor to many dishes. When garlic is roasted it becomes soft, sweet and a little nutty in flavor.
Garlic– A full head of fresh garlic.
Oil – I recommend using olive oil for this recipe.
Seasoning – This recipe just calls for salt but feel free to add a little ground black pepper. You can also leave off the salt if you want to reduce the sodium.
How to make air fryer roasted garlic
- Use a sharp knife and cut about 1/4 inch off the top of the garlic.
- Place the garlic in a piece of foil. Place the cut side up.
- Pour olive oil over the top and sprinkle with salt.
- Wrap the garlic up with the foil and place in air fryer basket.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 20 minutes. Check the garlic and add time as needed.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes and then carefully remove from foil. Squeeze softened garlic cloves from the peel.
Is it ok to use foil in the air fryer?
Yes, it’s ok to put foil in an air fryer. I recommend checking the user manual just to make sure but most models work well with foil.
You can roast more than one head of garlic at a time. I can fit up to four in my air fryer basket.
Make sure to fully wrap the foil around the garlic. Be sure that the top of the foil doesn’t touch the top of the air fryer’s heating element.
The size of your garlic bulb might effect the cook time. If your garlic is really small you can check it around the 15 minute mark. If it’s large you might need to cook it as long as 30 minutes.
How to store
Store: Let the garlic cloves cool and remove them from the garlic shell. Place the roasted cloves in an airtight container, we like a jar, and cover with a little olive oil. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Freeze: This garlic can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Make sure to store in a freezer safe bag or container. Let thaw in the refrigerator before using.
How to use roasted garlic
Roasted garlic adds so much delicious, nutty flavor to many dishes like sauces, dips, soups and more. Here are a few ideas for you to try:
Pasta – You can add the garlic into different sauces like this green sauce or cream sauce.
Dips – Try adding in recipes like hummus, French onion dip, tarter sauce and more.
Mashed potatoes or cauliflower – Once the potatoes are cooked, mash the roasted garlic in with them for out of this world flavor.
Spread – Mash the garlic in with soft butter for one of the best spreads you will have. Also, try mashing it in with mayonnaise for the perfect sandwich or hamburger spread.
Pizza – Place softened garlic cloves on pizza before baking.
More easy air fryer recipes
Roasted Garlic In Air Fryer
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Using a sharp knife, cut 1/4 inch off the top of garlic bulb.
- Place garlic on top of piece of foil.
- Pour oil over the cut side up of garlic. Sprinkle with salt.
- Wrap garlic in foil. Place in air fryer basket.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 20 minutes. Check to see if its done. If not, add 5-10 extra minutes.
- Carefully remove from foil and squeeze out roasted garlic cloves from the peel.