Air fryer zucchini with no breading can be made in 10 minutes. This super simple side dish is roasted with just a little oil and seasonings to make a healthy complement to any meal.
I love making vegetables in the air fryer for a simple, healthy side dish. They cook up quick, usually half the time it takes to cook in the oven, and always taste great.
This roasted zucchini with no breading has become a summer favorite. Perfect use for garden zucchini or the fresh ones you can find at the store. The outside roasts up giving it a slight crispy texture while the inside is hot and tender. It’s a delicious low-carb recipe that even the kids enjoy.
Zucchini – You will need 2-3 zucchini. If you are feeding a larger crowd, you can easily double the recipe and cook in 2-3 batches.
Oil – I like using olive oil but you could also use vegetable or canola oil. If you are new to air frying, be sure to check out the best and worst oils to use in the air fryer.
Seasonings – This recipe calls for salt, pepper and Italian seasoning blend to give it some extra flavor. You can easily omit the Italian seasoning and add your favorite spices.
How to make air fryer zucchini no breading
- Clean and pat dry the zucchini. Remove the ends and then slice into rounds and then cut the rounds in half. You could also keep them in rounds if you prefer.
- Put the cut zucchini in a bowl. Add oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Give it a good toss so that the zucchini is coated.
- Place in air fryer basket. Spread them out so they don’t cover each other.
- Cook at 390 degrees F for 5 minutes. Flip the zucchini over and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully remove and serve.
Make sure to spread out the zucchini into a single layer in the air fryer basket. This helps the hot air circulate and cook them evenly.
For even more added flavor and texture, try sprinkling them with some Parmesan cheese before cooking.
If you would like more of a zucchini chip shape, slice the zucchini into thin circles.
If all of your zucchini doesn’t fit in the air fryer, work in batches. If you pile them on top of each other while cooking, they can turn out soggy.
This recipe can also be used for yellow summer squash. I even like cooking both the zucchini and squash together for a colorful dish.
This recipe was made with a Cosori 5.8 quart. Since each air fryer cooks a little different, I recommend checking on the zucchini at the 8 minute mark to see if they need to cook longer.
How to store
Store: Leftover roasted zucchini can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It will last 2-3 days before it starts to become soggy.
Reheat: You can easily reheat the zucchini back in the air fryer. Cook at 370 for 4-5 minutes or until warmed through.
What to serve with roasted zucchini
This side dish can be paired with many things. A few favorites are:
More air fryer vegetables
If you like cooking vegetables in the air fryer be sure to check out these easy recipes.
Did you make this recipe? Feel free to leave a comment below to let me know how you liked it. You can also follow on Pinterest and join our Air Fryer Facebook community.
Air Fryer Zucchini No Breading
- 2-3 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Clean and dry zucchini. Slice into 1/4 inch rounds and then cut the rounds in half.
- Place zucchini in a bowl. Pour oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper over the zucchini. Toss to coat the zucchini.
- Place in air fryer in a single layer.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 5 minutes, give the basket and shake and then cook another 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove from air fryer and serve.
Leave a Reply