Forget the microwave and soggy crust, you will want to reheat pizza in the air fryer next time you have leftovers. Learn how easy it is to get hot pizza with crispy crust in just minutes. This method works for both regular crust and thin crust.
Our family loves pizza, so much that we usually have it once a week for dinner. There always seems to be a few extra slices that need reheating the next day and that’s where the amazing air fryer comes in handy.
Why you should reheat pizza in the air fryer
- Super easy! Pop the slices in the basket, heat and eat. So easy, even my kids can warm up a slice with no problem.
- Better than the microwave. I know it’s easy to pop a slice in the microwave but I find pizza becomes soggy and chewy. The crust is no where near how it was fresh out of the oven. The way the air fryer cooks gives the pizza a crispy crust without drying it out.
- Faster than oven. With the oven you have to wait for it to preheat for several minutes and then wait longer for the pizza to cook. Using this cooking method, it can be reheated in less than 5 minutes.
- Any pizza works. Thick slice, thin slice, even deep dish, you can reheat any style of pizza. You can even cook pizza rolls in the air fryer for a fun snack.
How to reheat pizza in the air fryer
Scroll to the bottom for printable recipe.
- Place leftover slices in the air fryer basket. Make sure they are not on top of each other or overlap. My 5.8 quart basket can hold 2-3 pieces.
- Preheat machine 325 degrees F. Cook for 3-4 minutes at 325 degrees F. (If your crust is thick, try cooking at 350 degrees F.) Check to see if it is warmed through. Add 1-2 minutes if you feel like it needs to warm up more.
- Serve warm.
Best time and temperature for reheating pizza
These are approximate times but a good guide to start with when reheating.
Thin Crust – Thin crust will cook faster than an original crust. Cook at 325 degrees F. for 2-4 minutes. If it’s super thin, check at the 2 minute mark.
Original Crust – I like cooking at 325 degrees F for 3-5 minutes. It will depend how thick the crust is and also the amount of toppings. Check at 3-4 minutes to ensure it doesn’t burn.
Deep Dish – Cook at 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes. Check to see if it’s heated through. If the crust is starting to get brown but it’s not hot enough, drop the cooking temperature to 325 degrees and cook another 2-3 minutes.
How to reheat in air fryer toaster oven
The toaster oven style reheats the same as the basket style for pizza. Place slices on the tray and cook at 325 for 3-4 minutes depending on thickness. Depending on the machine, you might be able to fit more than 2 slices on the tray.
- Keep the slices similar in size and don’t overlap them in the basket. You want to make sure the hot air can circulate around them for even cooking.
- Take out the slices once they finish cooking. If you leave them sitting in the basket for too long, they might burn.
- You don’t need any oil to reheat. If you want the crust extra crispy, you could brush on a thin coat of olive oil on the crust but just be sure to watch the time so it doesn’t burn.
- Air fryers all cook a little different and each slice of pizza will be different in size. That’s why I recommend checking around the 3-4 minute mark and add time if needed.
If you are new to air frying, be sure to check out this printable cooking times and temperature cheat sheet.
More easy air fryer recipes
Feel free to join our new Easy Air Fryer Recipes Facebook group for more recipe ideas.
Reheat Pizza in Air Fryer
- 2 pieces leftover pizza
- Place pizza slices in the air fryer basket. Cook at 325 degrees F for 3-4 minutes. If you have thicker slices, cook at 350 degrees. Check at the 4 minute mark, add 1 to 2 minutes if needed.