Air fryer apple chips are a healthy and tasty snack that can be made in your air fryer. A fun and delicious snack that are great for home and lunch boxes.
We love using our air fryer for so many different things. These apple chips are a new favorite, especially with the kids. These thinly sliced, crispy apples with a hint of cinnamon are so much better than store bought and without all of the extra preservatives.
Why we love apple chips in the air fryer
- Fast. These can be made faster than in the oven or dehydrating. All you need is about 20 minutes.
- Easy. Slice, sprinkle, cook.
- Healthy. This snack does not contain any oil or sugar, just apple and spice. Perfect for a low-calorie, gluten-free snack.
Apples – Feel free to use any apples for these chips. I would recommend using apples on the larger side. Some of my favorites to use are Pink Lady, Fuji, Granny Smith. Honeycrisp and Gala.
Cinnamon – This ingredient is optional but I love the taste cinnamon or apple pie spice gives to the apples.
How to make air fryer apple chips
Scroll to bottom for full, printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Prep: Wash the apples well and then use a mandoline or a knife to slice apples. You will want them thin, about 1/8 inch thick.
- Season: This is an optional step, place apple slices in a bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon or apple pie spice. Toss to coat the slices.
- Cook: Place the slices in air fryer basket and cook at 300 degrees for approximately 15-20 minutes. Make sure to flip apples every 4-5 minutes. (I found mine were done closer to 15 minute mark.)
- Dry: Your apples will feel hard to the touch. Remove them from the basket and let them dry out for another 4-5 minutes and they will get crispy.
- Why are my apple chips burning? Every air fry cooks a little different. Try another apple using a lower temperature and maybe cut them a little thicker.
- If you don’t have a mandoline and are cutting with a knife, your slices will probably be slightly thicker. You might need to add a little additional cook time to accommodate for the thickness.
- Flip. Be sure to check on the chips often and flip them. (About every 4-5 minutes.)
How to store
Store: They are best right after crisping but you can store in an airtight container for 3-5 days. Keep them out at room temperature in a cool, dry place. Just keep in mind they will soften.
Best air fryer to use
There are many wonderful options on the market. Here are a few other models that we recommend:
- OMORC – 5.8 quart with LED touchscreen.
- Ninja brand – 4 quart option.
- Instant Pot Vortex – 6 – in -one air fryer.
More apple recipes
- Grilled apples – Cinnamon and sugar apples cooked on the grill.
- Fried apples – Simple and delicious southern fried apples.
- Apple pie filling – Make your own pie filling at home in a few easy steps.
- Apple dump cake – Easy dessert with just a few ingredients.
***If you made this recipe, feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Air Fryer Apple Chips
- 1 large apple
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or apple pie spice
- Slice apples with a mandoline or knife. Make sure to remove any seeds.
- Place slices in a bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- Place apple slices in air fryer basket and cook at 300 degrees F for approximately 15 - 20 minutes. Be sure to flip apple slices every 5 minutes to ensure they all cook evenly.