Air fryer apple chips are a healthy and tasty snack that can be made in your air fryer. A fun and delicious snack that are great for home and lunch boxes.
It’s easy to make healthy snacks in the air fryer like these air fryer roasted pumpkin seeds and air fryer roasted chickpeas.
We love using our air fryer for so many different things. These apple chips are a new favorite, especially with the kids. These thinly sliced, crispy apples with a hint of cinnamon are so much better than store bought and without all of the extra preservatives.
Why we love apple chips in the air fryer
- Fast. These can be made faster than in the oven or dehydrating. All you need is about 20 minutes.
- Easy. Slice, sprinkle, cook.
- Healthy. This snack does not contain any oil or sugar, just apple and spice. Perfect for a low-calorie, gluten-free snack.
Apples – Feel free to use any apples for these chips. I would recommend using apples on the larger side. Some of my favorites to use are Pink Lady, Fuji, Granny Smith. Honeycrisp and Gala.
Cinnamon – This ingredient is optional but I love the taste cinnamon or apple pie spice gives to the apples.
How to make air fryer apple chips
Scroll to bottom for full, printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Prep: Wash the apples well and then use a mandoline or a knife to slice apples. You will want them thin, about 1/8 inch thick.
- Season: This is an optional step, place apple slices in a bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon or apple pie spice. Toss to coat the slices.
- Cook: Place the slices in air fryer basket and cook at 300 degrees for approximately 15-20 minutes. Make sure to flip apples every 4-5 minutes. (I found mine were done closer to 15 minute mark.)
- Dry: Your apples will feel hard to the touch. Remove them from the basket and let them dry out for another 4-5 minutes and they will get crispy.
- Why are my apple chips burning? Every air fry cooks a little different. Try another apple using a lower temperature and maybe cut them a little thicker.
- If you don’t have a mandoline and are cutting with a knife, your slices will probably be slightly thicker. You might need to add a little additional cook time to accommodate for the thickness.
- Flip. Be sure to check on the chips often and flip them. (About every 4-5 minutes.)
How to store
Store: They are best right after crisping but you can store in an airtight container for 3-5 days. Keep them out at room temperature in a cool, dry place. Just keep in mind they will soften.
Best air fryer to use
We use the Cosori 5.8 quart and really enjoy how it performs. Check out my full Cosori air fryer review to see if it might be a good choice for you.
There are many wonderful options on the market. Here are a few other models that we recommend:
- OMORC – 5.8 quart with LED touchscreen.
- Ninja brand – 4 quart option.
- Instant Pot Vortex – 6 – in -one air fryer.
More apple recipes
- Grilled apples – Cinnamon and sugar apples cooked on the grill.
- Fried apples – Simple and delicious southern fried apples.
- Apple pie filling – Make your own pie filling at home in a few easy steps.
- Apple dump cake – Easy dessert with just a few ingredients.
***If you made this recipe, feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Air Fryer Apple Chips
- 1 large apple
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or apple pie spice
- Slice apples with a mandoline or knife. Make sure to remove any seeds.
- Place slices in a bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- Place apple slices in air fryer basket and cook at 300 degrees F for approximately 15 - 20 minutes. Be sure to flip apple slices every 5 minutes to ensure they all cook evenly.
These are phenomenal! I made a huge batch of these the other day and they were gone before I went to bed. Looks like I’ll be making another batch tomorrow.
katerina @ diethood.com
The perfect healthy snack!! LOVE THIS!!