Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Pineapple + Video
Feb 05, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bite is the perfect mixture of sweet and salty. Only 4 ingredients needed to make these tasty air fryer appetizers.
You can’t go wrong when there is bacon in a recipe, right?! These bacon wrapped water chestnuts are one of the most popular recipes on the blog and I’m sure these pineapple bites will be too.
Find the full printable recipe below.
I love how you can make so many things in the air fryer! It’s a great way to cook things quickly and I especially enjoy how it crisps up bacon.
Optional: For added heat, add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED PINEAPPLE
- Begin by slicing the bacon in half lengthwise and then cut in half.
- Take a pineapple chunk and wrap in bacon, inserting a toothpick through the middle to hold together.
- Roll in a mixture of brown sugar and ground black pepper.
WHAT BACON SHOULD I USE?
For this recipe I used center cut bacon or you could also use thinner cut (original) bacon. I would stay away from the thicker cuts because it takes longer to cook through.
CANNED OR FRESH PINEAPPLE?
You can use either canned or fresh pineapple. If using canned, be sure to drain.
TIPS FOR MAKING BROWN SUGAR BACON WRAPPED PINEAPPLE
- Don’t stack on top of each other in the air fryer basket. Make sure that they have enough space for the air to circulate around them.
- For a little added sweetness. Sprinkle some of the brown sugar mixture on top of the wrapped pineapple once they are in the basket.
- Make sure to flip over half way through cooking.
- For a little added freshness and color, sprinkle with chopped cilantro when serving.
HOW TO MAKE BACON WRAPPED PINEAPPLE IN THE OVEN
Don’t have an air fryer? No problem, to make these in the oven, assemble according to directions and then place on a wire rack on top of a sheet pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
Watch the full video below for visual directions.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
***If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment below.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
- 12 strips bacon
- 24 pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Drain pineapple chunks and set aside. Cut bacon in half length wise and then in half.
- In a separate bowl, mix together brown sugar and ground black pepper.
- Roll pineapple chunk in bacon strip and then secure with a toothpick.
- Roll bacon wrapped pineapple in brown sugar mixture. Place inside air fryer basket.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 5 minutes. Flip wrapped pineapple over and cook for another 5 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.