If you love steak and are looking for a super fast, easy dinner, this sizzle steak recipe is a must try. This cut of steak can be cooked up in minutes and is full of flavor. Keep reading to learn how to cook sizzle steak.
What is sizzle steak
Sizzle steak refers to a steak that has been sliced thin. Typically sizzle steaks are sirloin and top round steak but could be another cut of steak. The great thing about this cut of steak is that it can be cooked in minutes.
Why try cooking thin steak
- Fast – This is a super quick meal that can be made in minutes. Perfect for a busy night.
- Simple – Just a few simple ingredients are needed.
- Flavorful – Beefy, delicious flavor.
- Budget friendly – Thin steaks can usually be found at a budget-friendly price.
- Thinly sliced steak
- Olive oil
- Seasonings – This recipe calls for salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion, powder and paprika. Feel free to use your favorite steak seasoning like this copycat Texas Roadhouse steak seasoning.
How to cook sizzle steak
Step one: Mix together salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Sprinkle the seasonings over the steak and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
Step two: Add olive oil to a large skillet heated over medium-high heat. Place steak in the hot pan and cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side. If you would like your steak on the rare side, cook 1 minute per side.
Step three: Remove the steak from the skillet and serve.
What to serve with sizzle steak
There are many different ways to serve this steak from pairing with a side dish to using it for a sandwich. Here are a few favorites:
- Copycat Chipotle bell peppers and onions – Green and red bell peppers with onions and herbs that you can combine with the steak over rice or wrapped in flour tortillas.
- Mushrooms and onions – These pair great with tender steak.
- Baked potatoes – A great steak house side dish.
- Sweet potatoes – Add color to the meal with a perfectly baked sweet potato.
- French Fries – You can’t go wrong with a side of fries.
- Mac and cheese – Cheesy, creamy, delicious mac and cheese is always a hit.
This is the perfect steak to use for delicious sandwiches or wraps like
- Steak egg and cheese bagel sandwich
- Steak sandwiches
- Chop to make a cheesesteak sandwich
- Beef steak fajitas
Try adding a topping for extra flavor.
- Steak butter
- Garlic butter sauce
- Brown gravy
How to keep thin steak tender
A great way to ensure tender steak is by marinating the steak for 1-2 hours prior to cooking. The marinade helps to tenderize the meat. Also, slicing against the grain of the steak helps to get tender meat.
- I recommend removing the steaks from the refrigerator and letting the steaks come close to room temperature before cooking. This helps with even cooking.
- Use a meat thermometer to achieve the perfect internal temperature of 140-145 degrees F.
If the steak you purchased is thicker than 1/4-inch, use a meat mallet to pound the steaks thinner. You could also use a rolling pin.
Yes, they can be cooked on the grill. Again, cook about 1 minute on each side.
The optimal internal temperature is 145 degrees F. You are looking for a medium-rare cook on the steak since it is so thin.
The steak is probably tough because it was overcooked. 1 minute per side is about perfect.
More beef recipes
How Long To Cooke Sizzle Steak
- 2 thinly sliced steak
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Mix together salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Sprinkle the seasonings over the steak and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet heated over medium high heat. Place steak in the skillet and cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side. If you would like your steak on the rare side, cook 1 minute per side.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and serve.
Leave a Reply