Hot sausage beer cheese dip is creamy, cheesy and delicious! This appetizer is great for any gathering, party or game day.
This dip has quickly become a family favorite. How could it not with beer, cheese, and sausage? A real trio of awesomeness! Only 6 ingredients this dip is quick and easy to make.
What makes this beer cheese dip so good
- This recipe is a cinch to make with just a few simple ingredients.
- Full of flavor and texture.
- Perfect appetizer for parties and especially watching the big game.
What you need
This beer cheese dip recipe calls for:
Beer: Use your favorite beer or what you have on hand. I like a good IPA. The great thing about beer is it makes a wonderful ingredient and an even better beverage while you are cooking.
Sausage: I recommend using hot breakfast sausage for this recipe but you can substitute with mild or even Italian sausage.
Cheese: You will need sharp cheddar and cream cheese. I highly recommend using a box grater and shredding your own sharp cheddar cheese at home for the most creamy dip.
Garlic powder: Adds an extra layer of flavor.
How to make Hot Sausage Beer Cheese Dip
- The first step is to add sharp cheddar cheese, cream cheese, garlic powder and BEER to a food processor or blender.
- Next step, process until your ingredients are well combined.
- Now it is time to take the mixture and pour it into a large bowl. Mix in the leftover cheese and cooked sausage.
- Put it all in an oven safe dish and bake for 15-20 minutes. After you take it out of the oven, sprinkle on the green onion. It adds nice color to the dip.
I like to use corn chips, soft pretzels or tortilla chips for dipping to get as much dip in my mouth as possible. Vegetables are also acceptable…or a spoon, whatever works for you. 🙂
Best beer to use
Use what beer you have on hand like a lager or ale.
- Light beer will give you a milder flavor.
- Dark beer will add a richer, strong flavor.
- Non-alcoholic also works if you want the flavor without the alcohol.
I would recommend to avoid using a beer with fruit flavor.
How to store
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. Either cover the dish tightly or transfer to an airtight container. Reheat in the oven or microwave before serving again.
This dip can also be made ahead of time. Assemble according to the recipe and then wait to heat in the oven until ready to serve.
More easy dip appetizers
- Jalapeno Sausage Dip – Filled with cheese, sausage and jalapenos.
- Creamy Fruit Dip – Super easy dip that is great with fruit, cookies, even marshmallows.
- Crack Dip – Cheese, bacon and ranch make up this favorite dip.
- Chipped Beef Dip – Chipped beef, green onion and more make up this creamy dip.
- Salsa Dip – Only 2 ingredients needed for this tasty appetizer.
Make this cheese dip recipe? Let me know how you like it in the comments. I love hearing from you!
Hot Sausage Beer Cheese Dip
- 1 16 oz roll hot breakfast sausage
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup beer (I use a local IPA but you can use what you have on hand.)
- 2 8 oz low fat cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- chips , bread or vegetables for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until browned and no longer pink. While cooking, break the sausage up into crumbles.
- Place 2 cups cheddar cheese, cream cheese, garlic powder and beer in a food processor or blender. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and add cooked sausage and the remaining 2 cups of cheddar cheese. Mix until combined.
- Place mixture into an oven safe dish and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, Sprinkle with diced green onion and serve with chips, bread or vegetables.