Hot Sausage Beer Cheese Dip makes a great appetizer! The perfect dip for race day or any party.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RaceDayRelief #CollectiveBias
I grew up in a small town just outside of Bristol, Tennessee. Bristol is famous for being the home of the fastest half mile track in car racing. Our small tri-cites area swells in population on race weekends. All of the excitement and energy surrounding race weekend always brings out the best tailgating recipes in our family.
Living so close to the race track, many of my friends and family are race fans but one of the biggest fans I know is my grandfather, or Poppy as we call him. If there is a race on TV, Poppy is watching and rooting for one of his favorite drivers — #95 Ty Dillon. We try and visit my family a few times each year and I like to time these visits around a race weekend so that we can watch a race with Poppy. Of course, when we visit I like to cook for everyone and today I want to share one of our new favorite appetizers.
There’s something about sporting events that make appetizers seem like the perfect food. One of my new favorites is this hot sausage beer cheese dip. My husband and I love spicy food! Unfortunately, as we’ve gotten older we’ve found spicy foods can sometimes give us heartburn. That uncomfortable feeling puts the party in pit row immediately. Luckily we discovered Nexium 24HR caplets and the new easy to swallow tablets. This helps get our heartburn under control and we can indulge in this tasty dip until the checkered flag waves. Hopefully, with Ty Dillon crossing the finish line first!
Hot Sausage Beer Cheese Dip
Nexium 24HR, the new #1 selling frequent heartburn brand*” *Based on IRI sales data 52 weeks ending 11/1/15 among OTC brands.
- All day, all night frequent heartburn protection. May take 1 to 4 days for full effect. Use as directed for 14 days to treat frequent heartburn. Do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor. Not for immediate relief.
This dip has quickly become a family favorite. How could it not? Beer, cheese, and sausage, a trio of awesomeness. With only 6 ingredients this dip is quick and easy to make. The first step is to add sharp cheddar cheese, cream cheese, garlic powder and BEER to a food processor or blender. The great thing about beer is it makes a wonderful ingredient and an even better beverage while you are cooking. Next step, process until your ingredients are well combined.
Now it is time to take the mixture and pour it into a large bowl. Mix in the leftover cheese and cooked sausage. Put it all in an oven safe dish and bake for 15-20 minutes. After you take it out of the oven, sprinkle on the green onion. It adds nice color to the dip.
I like to use corn chips or tortilla chips for dipping to get as much dip in my mouth as possible. Vegetables are also acceptable…or a spoon, whatever works for you. 🙂
This dip is super simple to make and you can find all of the ingredients you need at your local Walmart. Make sure to get your Nexium coupons and follow them on Facebook. The next time the racers start to rev their engines, rev up your party with this hot sausage beer cheese dip.
Hot Sausage Beer Cheese Dip
- 1 16 oz roll hot breakfast sausage
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup beer (I use a local IPA but you can use what you have on hand.)
- 2 8 oz low fat cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- chips , bread or vegetables for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until browned and no longer pink. While cooking, break the sausage up into crumbles.
- Place 2 cups cheddar cheese, cream cheese, garlic powder and beer in a food processor or blender. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and add cooked sausage and the remaining 2 cups of cheddar cheese. Mix until combined.
- Place mixture into an oven safe dish and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, Sprinkle with diced green onion and serve with chips, bread or vegetables.
**This post may contain affiliate links.