Juicy, tender, flavorful chicken thighs are baked to perfection in just under an hour. Need to know how to make and how long to cook chicken thighs? We are sharing how long to bake chicken thighs at 350 degrees for an easy main dish.
Chicken thighs are a wonderful budget friendly, delicious cut of chicken that can be prepared in a variety of ways. This dark meat chicken can be cooked easily in the oven and has super crispy skin and tender, flavorful meat.
How long to bake chicken thighs at 350 degrees?
Need to know how long to cook chicken thighs in the oven? The average time to bake chicken thighs at 350 degrees Fahrenheit is 50 minutes. This is for bone-in thighs. Note, the thickness of the chicken could effect the bake time. Always use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Ingredients needed for baked chicken thighs
Chicken thighs – You can buy bone-in chicken thighs, or boneless, skinless thighs. We are using bone-in, skin on thighs for ultimate flavor.
Olive Oil – Used to help crisp up the chicken skin.
Seasonings – You can use your favorite chicken seasoning blend. We are using brown sugar, salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and oregano for this recipe.
How long to cook chicken thighs
Step one: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels. Place the seasonings in a bowl and mix to combine.
Step two: Put thighs in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and seasoning mix.
Step three: Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with non-stick spray. Put chicken with the skin side up on the baking sheet.
Step four: Place chicken in preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Place instant-read thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh.
How long to cook boneless chicken thighs at 350 degrees?
Boneless chicken thighs will take a little less time to cook. They will take approximately 40 minutes to completely cook.
- Try to use thighs that are similar in size. This helps them cook evenly.
- Make sure to pat the chicken dry with a paper towel before preparing. It helps to ensure delicious crispy skin.
- Be sure to bake skin side up.
- Bake uncovered to get crispy skin.
- You will know the chicken is fully cooked when the thickest part reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the meat is no longer pink.
What to serve with baked chicken thighs
Oven baked chicken thighs are a great main dish. Try some of these delicious and easy chicken side dishes to make a full meal:
How to store leftover chicken thighs?
Store: If you have leftover chicken, let it cool and then store in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze: You can also freeze this chicken by placing in a freezer safe bag.
Can you bake frozen chicken thighs?
Yes, you can bake chicken thighs from frozen but the cooking time will be longer, approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
How long to bake chicken thighs at 400 degrees?
If you would like to cook your thighs faster, bake them at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
More chicken recipes
How long to bake chicken thighs
- 6-8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel.
- Place chicken thighs in a bowl. Pour spice mixture and olive oil over chicken thighs. Toss to coat.
- Put chicken thighs on prepared baking sheet, skin side up. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches
Leave a Reply